Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Scarlet Witch Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man what a great week getting to see the MK 45, the CW Cap and now Scarlet Witch my Hot Toys withdrawal symptoms have died down a bit

Plus prime, mk40 and fury are all arriving at sideshow. In the last two months we have seen more figures released then in 2010 total. Lol

New Avengers sorta reminds of a ringleader outfit

_ml_p2p_pc_badge_tallest15

Funny how everyone mocked Jurassic World for high heel running, but these two ladies do the same (minus T-rex but plus fighting). XD

Well, one had stilettos and one had wedges. Speaking as someone who's had to hobble around in both, it's a LOT easier to keep your balance when your heel isn't wobbling around on a spike.

View attachment 267006

I have the AUO version PO'ed so I'm going with the one I already "have" (don't want to lose my deposit) but it's hard to pick between these two. There are parts of each one that I like better than the other.

If I was to get one I'd be really torn between these 2. Not an easy choice. I think if the longer overcoat of the CW version was integrated into the NA version, it would then be the perfect costume. If I was though I think I'd get the New Avengers version only cause it looks more like a comic book costume and fits into the Avengers team look overall. Either way both look great and far better than the AOU simple goth looking clothes version.

Well, one had stilettos and one had wedges. Speaking as someone who's had to hobble around in both, it's a LOT easier to keep your balance when your heel isn't wobbling around on a spike.

Wanda is also not a physical combatant. She can levitate (or at least power jump) from what we've seen, so she isn't someone who is constantly relying on her ability to run.

Wanda is also not a physical combatant. She can levitate (or at least power jump) from what we've seen, so she isn't someone who is constantly relying on her ability to run.

Well, Widow has wedge heels too, and I was responding to that. But you're right! When you can fly, who cares how impractical your shoes are! :lol

I hate to sound like a pig, but breasts need to be fuller.

I don't think you do, you're just being honest. I agree. I like the Scarlet Witch character and I think Olsen is beautiful but these figures(great as they are)don't really physically capture her that well. Like, the face is a decent likeness but it's not as rounded as her actual face is. Likewise, she has a bit of an apple booty type of thing going on and the figure is just, "thin".

I've said it before but it bears repeating, hot toys needs a couple more different body types for their female figures. Black Widow's looks more accurate this time only because I think Johansen thinned out a little but Olsen hasn't. That's not a bad thing at all. I prefer it. It'd be nice if hot toys would capture that like they try to do a bit differently with the male bodies.

The hs may be the same, but the paint aps definitely seem different. Just based on these new pics, the two previous versions look more like Olsen. That's just an opinion, and I know things may change by release.

Those photoshopped prototype pictures almost never do the figures justice, so many times a figure/head sculpt in hand has looked tons way better than they're portrayed in Hot Toys first reveal pics.

Funny how everyone mocked Jurassic World for high heel running, but these two ladies do the same (minus T-rex but plus fighting). XD

:goodpost::exactly:

As someone who bought boots that were close to accurate for Wanda's CW boots, I assure you, they're easy to run around in :p I'd have more trouble in Nat's wedges tbh

I'm curious to see a pic of your Wanda cosplay. Sounds like you go all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually haven't done the full CW cosplay yet! I'm more of a closet-cosplayer = buying clothes similar or exact to hers and wearing them in everyday life :) But if I find the time/money I'd love to do an official CW cosplay of her.

At this point I haaave... Her exact Strucker's Base dress from the beginning of AoU, boots to go with it, replicas of her necklaces, two red leather jackets (but I had those before AoU :lol ), and (not Wanda, but still) Pietro's exact Hummel jacket from the beginning of AoU. On the CW front I have a close-to-accurate closet cosplay of her Lagos outfit, close-to-accurate CW costume leggings, and the boots.

I'm actually inspired a fair bit by my friend in the UK who really does go all out for Wanda cosplays, she's done most of her AoU outfits including a concept art. You can find her under Little Wolf Cosplay on facebook :)

Back