Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Scarlet Witch Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet this is the last CW figure they put up for PO since they just put the New Avengers version up not too long ago. I could be wrong.

You could be, after the movie I think a lot of people were happy with her performance and Wanda in general, and may be anxious to order her figure. She's a very popular character and you could count me among her fans. It wouldn't surprise me if HT wanted to capitalise on this. I also think its likely since a lot of people missed out on the NA version and given that figures current market price and limited release, have been itching to buy the new CW version :impatient:

You could be, after the movie I think a lot of people were happy with her performance and Wanda in general, and may be anxious to order her figure. She's a very popular character and you could count me among her fans. It wouldn't surprise me if HT wanted to capitalise on this. I also think its likely since a lot of people missed out on the NA version and given that figures current market price and limited release, have been itching to buy the new CW version :impatient:

I hope you're right. This was definitely her best performance and I will definitely PO this one.

Yeah I think it's silly for Hot Toys to wait on putting her up, they'd want to cash in on the immediate hype of the movie, not wait months to put her up for order when the hype has settled down.

I think the wait is based on what we saw at the pop up stalls - there was a note on her figure saying pending license approval, wasn't there?

Yeah I think it's silly for Hot Toys to wait on putting her up, they'd want to cash in on the immediate hype of the movie, not wait months to put her up for order when the hype has settled down.

I think the wait is based on what we saw at the pop up stalls - there was a note on her figure saying pending license approval, wasn't there?

They don't want to over saturate the market with Scarlet Witch figures to where people has to choose between one Scarlet Witch or the other.

They just put up the New Avengers version. And the AoU is still in stock at SSC.

Putting to much of the same character out there at the same time will cannibalize sales.

I don't think it will make much of a difference with pre orders, a lot of people order at places with no NRD's and they just cancel if they change their mind. I find a lot of people wait until a figure is released and see how it turned out before they pick it up anyway.

I have NA Wanda on order, so I'm not really in a hurry for the CW version at this stage.

Very true. I think this has the potential to be a hot selling figure. The people who intentionally skipped on the NA version in favor of this one and the people who missed out on the NA version and will probably end up getting this one.

Yeah, I thought that Wanda was fine in AOU, but she was more likable in CW (probably because she wasn't an antagonist this time, haha.) I don't need more than one Wanda, but if I had missed the NA version I'd pick long jacket/corset over black dress/short jacket.

I would love to see a Vision and Wanda two-pack in their normal clothes. My shipper heart needs it lol

Yeah, I thought that Wanda was fine in AOU, but she was more likable in CW (probably because she wasn't an antagonist this time, haha.) I don't need more than one Wanda, but if I had missed the NA version I'd pick long jacket/corset over black dress/short jacket.

Yeah, her softer side shone through in CW.

If anyone wanted to see the costume designs for Wanda for this film. :)

93ee5b8167109c6f2a57ceb8c304e59a.jpg

fc585cba4ecb5ca4b03c6878a2cb986b.jpg

9322f951e298b08542f270d082af70e6.jpg

a3953522b24cec6e3cb4edc4c6411e73.jpg

7f3aec7b32cfb39fc011e85f676d411c.jpg

fe22d7ca3738eadd5c69d81b3105c890.jpg

1069053ec8d9023008e7a966dffbec53.jpg

I'm glad they ditched the headband. :lol

Me too :lol

Love the way they developed the earlier concept art (which is essentially the same as one from AoU) into the costume she has in the film. I'm an artie/costumer and it's always great to see the development stages of these costumes :love

Wow looking at the process of how they designed her costume is cool. I bet she will have a super hero-y costume in infinity wars.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I like the way the process sounds like it was just iterations of "tone it down," and yet we still ended up with the trenchcoat/corset look :lol

I like the way the process sounds like it was just iterations of "tone it down," and yet we still ended up with the trenchcoat/corset look :lol

What they were "toning down" was the superhero aspects of the costume we saw at the end of AoU. That's a consistent move for the feel the Russo Bros seem to prefer. I think that's why they also toned toned Cap's costume from AoU. Scarlet Witch's costume is still eccentric, but they look like something an eccentric person like Wanda could through together from "regular" clothes rather than a "uniform". I like it in the context of the movie, but I chose the AOU New Avengers version of Wanda because I feel it goes best with the other Marvel figures I have. The versions of Cap and others I have are the ones that remind me most of their comic book versions and at the same time they also feel like they are wearing some sort of "uniform". I think the CW version of Wanda honors the comic version of her character as much as the New Avengers version, but I wanted the version of the figure that had a Superhero look and be in a "uniform" too.

Looking at the CW version I have second guessed myself a few time if I made the best choice, she does look really great, but I got the New Avenger version ordered already so I am going to stick with her. I do like the longer coat a lot better on the CW costume though.

The NA version looked pretty good when I saw it for the first time, but the CW version is even better. Love the read coat and the corsage underneath :rock

Back