1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Infinity War - War Machine (?)

An iron studios exhibition shows another look at his full arsenal
31773125_1892762217402171_5586257532894052352_o.jpg

Hot toys need to to stop playing lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-12-04-01-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-05-12-04-01-25.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 371

I too wish for Hot Toys to make this.

I picked up a MK2 today from a comic shop, I didn’t realize it lacked a Rhodes sculpt, I figured it would have one since my old Iron Patriot did. I might end up returning him.

I picked up a MK2 today from a comic shop, I didn’t realize it lacked a Rhodes sculpt, I figured it would have one since my old Iron Patriot did. I might end up returning him.

Was it a open item? It would suck for the shop if you"bought" a sealed figure then opened it and later decided to return it and demand your money back simply because you didn't do your research.

Was it a open item? It would suck for the shop if you"bought" a sealed figure then opened it and later decided to return it and demand your money back simply because you didn't do your research.

Yes it would suck if I utilized a return policy that a store uses. They should burn me at the stake.

I guess lucky enough for your mindset of great toy injustices, it was a open item. And a slightly loose jointed one too.

Yes it would suck if I utilized a return policy that a store uses. They should burn me at the stake.

I guess lucky enough for your mindset of great toy injustices, it was a open item. And a slightly loose jointed one too.

Ah yes an entitled person...

..anyway Lol

I think a possible problem is hot toys are figuring out a way to handle his arsenal. Mind you, his twin missile pack rotates from a fixed position behind him on each shoulder blade, to over his shoulders. Then the main turret comes from his center and reaches over even higher than one of the missile packs. I can it imagine it being quite the challenge to get them to not only be able to rotate and swivel but also fit snuggly in his back

Was it the iron man 3 version or AOU version ? I know that the iron man 3 version doesnt have the Rhodey Sculpt , maybe because it never made it in the films ?

Was it the iron man 3 version or AOU version ? I know that the iron man 3 version doesnt have the Rhodey Sculpt , maybe because it never made it in the films ?

Iron Man 3, it’s still a nice figure. The sculpt isn’t a deal breaker overall. They just had what I assume was a trade or something cause the joints are not as tight as the others I have. And it was missing items. So for under 200$ it’s arguably worth keeping, just everything else I own is pristine condition. Just having a head sculpt would be extra motivation to keep the “as is” figure. The store was understanding if I decide to return it. Though they might just not know how to handle these type of toys. My gf got a statue from them as well same day and we get home and open it and it’s broken and some parts had been superglued back. Idk.

Ah yes an entitled person...

Sure, absolutely entitled of me to want functional things, or when stuff is sold to me as “new”, for it to actually be new and not repaired or missing items.

And if I’m able to put up with that just because something has some extra flair I like, vs returning something I’m not satisfied with due to nothing on my end, I guess that’s ok.

This is a forum full of people here who buy a new item from companies to just “open and inspect” it, only to resell it at same or higher value. Maybe your moral high ground will be best vented else where ;)

..anyway Lol

I think a possible problem is hot toys are figuring out a way to handle his arsenal. Mind you, his twin missile pack rotates from a fixed position behind him on each shoulder blade, to over his shoulders. Then the main turret comes from his center and reaches over even higher than one of the missile packs. I can it imagine it being quite the challenge to get them to not only be able to rotate and swivel but also fit snuggly in his back

Depending on how much of the movie or promotional material they had access to before the movie launched, this could be true. Due to a few war machines on the market, they might have wanted to wait until after the movie to start the R&D on him, just to make sure he set himself apart from past releases. But considering Avengers 4 isn’t far away, I worry that they might not make some of the obvious characters this round. Or maybe will double down and make some figures for Avengers 4, but include any accessories intended for part 1 and 2 combined.

All speculation obviously.

Iron Studios IW War Machine statue is up for order, but it seems they removed the digi-camo... I only seen the movie once, so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure he still had the camo deco in the movie. Weird choice. Looks less dynamic without it... But if it is screen accurate, then so be it.

25d27e5324218881198840415dff51b3.jpg
70d8832a89b2f76a741615789174c6eb.jpg

IF HT makes this, it will be interesting to see how they tackle the weapons array on his back. Shouldn't be too difficult to give it full rotation.

d220ecdcf68da88af345b7bc9b35e121.jpg

Last edited:

Iron Studios IW War Machine statue is up for order, but it seems they removed the digi-camo... I only seen the movie once, so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure he still had the camo deco in the movie. Weird choice. Looks less dynamic without it... But if it is screen accurate, then so be it.

I wonder - like Iron Studios put out the 1/4 Civil War Black Panther without some of the markings on the mask - e.g. the poly figure went into production before they had the final files for the film. I've e-mailed IS and they were very proud of the fact they work from actual files given to them by Marvel.

But HT may have a different production schedule and access to different digital files to use as a model. Plus some stuff is CGI anyway and wouldn't even be in an early "costume file" if a film is being tweaked to the last minute.

Also the IS stuff is 1/10 maybe the paint cost was an issue IDK.:dunno

I've only seen IW twice...but this may be my first WM. Waiting and waiting for WM and Bucky:impatient:. The characters I wanted to see the most got less screen time:( but the Russos say there'll be about 10 minutes of extra footage on the BR so hoping for more Wakanda battle stuff.:pray:

I prefer the proportions of the Mark 3 so far. Let's see how this looks I Hot Toys form.

Yeah that's really making the mark 4 look bland... but SHF figs are usually slimmed down for added articulation.

And yet another mk4 without the digi camo.

Back