Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

IMG_0167.jpg

Wow...this shot really shows off the amzing sculpt and paint...good work, OMG...

Nice mood...great shots...keep 'em coming!

Incidentally, just read on Digital Bits that the DVD/BR of T:S is due here in the states on 12/1....3-disc BR w/ both theater and director's cut and single DVD with theater cut only. Only thing is...the DC is rumored only to be three minutes longer...WTF? I was hoping there would be more to it than MB's boobs (although that will be enough to keep many here happy I'm sure) and some added violence...whatever was removed to squeeze it into it's PG-13 this summer. Ah well...I'll still be happy to get this movie on BR, warts-n-all...

Got mine today, it took me about an hour to get everything on him.

I thought he was already assembled?

Maybe Tow Weeks shipping and Finaly is that Waiting Over Can't Wait to have him and put all together.

congratulation to all of you the have him Now.

If anyone in the UK is interested I've got one on ebay for sale. Details are over in the commerce section

Wow...this shot really shows off the amzing sculpt and paint...good work, OMG...

Nice mood...great shots...keep 'em coming!

Incidentally, just read on Digital Bits that the DVD/BR of T:S is due here in the states on 12/1....3-disc BR w/ both theater and director's cut and single DVD with theater cut only. Only thing is...the DC is rumored only to be three minutes longer...WTF? I was hoping there would be more to it than MB's boobs (although that will be enough to keep many here happy I'm sure) and some added violence...whatever was removed to squeeze it into it's PG-13 this summer. Ah well...I'll still be happy to get this movie on BR, warts-n-all...

I heard it was supposed to be 30 to 40 minutes longer wtf is 3 minutes? GRR:banghead

I heard it was supposed to be 30 to 40 minutes longer wtf is 3 minutes? GRR:banghead

Reality unfortunately. So many times I've read hype about big director's cuts and in the end it's rather lame what's thrown back in. Cameron's T2 director's cut at least had substance, as did his DC of ALIENS. The man loves to make long, epic films but knows he has to cut down for the theatrical audience, I'm just glad we get the originals on DVD.

I'm not really sure how to feel about the DC of T:S not being too long, even if it's 30 minutes more, that doesn't mean it'd be a good thirty minutes. Bad example kind of, but Rob Zombie's director's cut of Halloween was a far worse rendition of the film, sometimes it's better for us when things are cut by studio or whatever if the director's vision isn't right. McG's cut could make the film much better, or it could make it much worse.

Still waiting for my JC, so decided I create one for my Endo review, here's my tribute to 80's JC-

jc4.jpg

jc3.jpg

jc2.jpg

jc1.jpg

jc5.jpg

jcFTW.jpg

jcalt.jpg

dioskullprofile.jpg

JCinspects.jpg

sizecomp-2.jpg

Clever use of the Reese figure.

I have to say, seeing that costume again, one thing I really loved about T:S were the costumes, much more interesting visually, especially with people having unique styles to stand them out from each other, plus the realism of kitbashing outfits instead of the seemingly fresh uniform look of Cameron's future.

I had this problem too. I just cut a seam in the middle with a knife, so you have a bit more room to stick it in. Without cutting this, it was impossible to bring the holster on mine.

Thanks fella . Was going to try this also , just wanted to know if somone else had went were others fear to tread .
Thanks also to Facebox , but I cant see how to remove the clip at the hinges without breaking them . Got clumsy fingers you see .
Going for the cuting method. :maul

Clever use of the Reese figure.

I have to say, seeing that costume again, one thing I really loved about T:S were the costumes, much more interesting visually, especially with people having unique styles to stand them out from each other, plus the realism of kitbashing outfits instead of the seemingly fresh uniform look of Cameron's future.

Cheers, just a case of when needs must!
I'm hoping my JC and maybe even Marcus might be here late next week, but I wanted a JC for my Endo pics.

And Cameron didn't have a great budget for T1, that did show in some aspects of the movie. And I guess it would be difficult to organise the tailoring of military uniforms in a nomadic dystopian future, so T:S gave that aspect a little more realisem,

And Cameron didn't have a great budget for T1, that did show in some aspects of the movie. And I guess it would be difficult to organise the tailoring of military uniforms in a nomadic dystopian future, so T:S gave that aspect a little more realisem,

Which is almost funny because you'd think lack of budget would lead to a more T:S slapped together setup than uniform look.

How come you don't have John yet, Sideshow orders will be shipping any day now, usually you have your stuff ahead of us.

Which is almost funny because you'd think lack of budget would lead to a more T:S slapped together setup than uniform look.

How come you don't have John yet, Sideshow orders will be shipping any day now, usually you have your stuff ahead of us.

I get my stuff direct from HK, but I wait till there is enough stuff to fill a 'budget' box from Fed-Ex. It means you wait longer for some things, but when the last piece of the puzzle arrives to fill the box, thats the one you get early, I'm hoping Marcus will be that piece. I was thinking of doing a JC + Marcus double whammy, but I think they deserve their own reviews the more I look at them!

Definitely, they're both so elaborate, you'd go nuts trying to prioritize which points to make about them together versus a full one of each.

hey folks, so based on twelvemonkey's recent pics (fantastic!) and what you see in hand, how do you think it compares to other human sculpts in terms of fidelity to the prototype? I think apart from the chinstrap and the eyes (i never expect proto quality eyes, just a high quality of some degree), JC's fidelity to the proto is wild. I'm almost tempted to say that the skin paint is even better than what I see in the proto shots. So for those of you who have collected a lot of human HT scultps in the past and present, how do you think JC fairs ?

hey folks, so based on twelvemonkey's recent pics (fantastic!) and what you see in hand, how do you think it compares to other human sculpts in terms of fidelity to the prototype? I think apart from the chinstrap and the eyes (i never expect proto quality eyes, just a high quality of some degree), JC's fidelity to the proto is wild. I'm almost tempted to say that the skin paint is even better than what I see in the proto shots. So for those of you who have collected a lot of human HT scultps in the past and present, how do you think JC fairs ?

The detail in there is really pretty phenomenol for the scale. This new plastic they have used obviously works and if this is the new standard we're in for some incredible portraits from HT. I was taking pictures of the Mark III Tony Stark head earlier as well, which itself is pretty amazing in terms of skin texture etc, but John Connor definitely tops it. But there's also the paint - looking at pictures of the first scrapped version, I really can't quite believe the same company did them. This one seems to have very fine layers for the skin tones, almost speckled, but subtle enough to really work. The chin strap doesn't seem that bold in person either, plus the collar of the jacket is so high it's usually sitting against his chin anyway.

ht009.jpg

ht017.jpg

Just received mine earlier today. Wow fantastic figure, no problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
DAMN!!!! the waiting for this to Arrive is Killing me.....hurry up and ship Already!!

Btw....Fantastic Pics guys :D

Back