Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

I just hope I get one with a lighter shade to the beard.

Toy World: Hot Toys is sending out replacements i guess

jc01.jpg

jc02.jpg

jc03.jpg

jc04.jpg

jc05.jpg

jc06.jpg

jc07.jpg

jc08.jpg

I just hope I get one with a lighter shade to the beard.

Same here. The ones with darker beards dont look bad, just not nearly as good as the lighter ones.

I'd be happy if the one I get looks like this as far as the chin strap.

jc05.jpg

jc07.jpg

Awkward!

:lol

The new one certainly looks much better. I do agree with MF (I think it was you!?), why would HT all of a sudden decide to paint the beard all the way to the sideburns? Hmmm......

Better comparison shot of the two heads from Toyworld:

You can REALLY see the improvements in this photo. Not that the previous ones above were bad or anything.
IMG_1022.jpg

The skin tone on the new head looks much better! the older one looks like he spent WAY too much time in the sun!

Happy to report my Sideshow waitlist for this just turned into an order so...I'll get to see for myself how great this figure is...

Those comp shots look good...the new version is better.

I really liked this figure when I first saw the official promo pics... But, as a Hot Toys collector and as a fan of their work, this time I need to show my DISSAPOINTMENT for what they've done... I don't know which their work process is, or how do they manage to get such a breathtaking paintwork on a mass produced item, but please HT... Don't start showing amazing sculpts and finally bringing us a much lower quality product like Medicom does, because if HT is known and loved for, is for LISTENING to their customers...
I've spent soooooo much money on you, I'm so proud of showing your figures when someone visits my house... they all get mad watching Hellboy, or Iron Man MII, or TDK Bats, god, it deserves it...
Now... sincerelly... IF YOU SHOW A J. CONNOR PERFECT SCULPT GIVE US THAT WHEN WHE PAY 100+ $ FOR IT!!! NOT A WEIRD REARRANGED/NEW PAINTED SCULPT WHICH LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PROMO PICS SHOWN AT YOUR OFFICIAL WEB!!!
If you really appreciate your fans, do yourself a favour, change the official pics on the web everytime you "fix" the final version...

IMG_1022.jpg
[/QUOTE]

13TerminatorSalvation_JohnConnor.jpg

They look pretty close to me. The goat maybe a little darker in the groove areas but the mustache looks very similar. Colors shifted a little bit that could be the lighting too. I know I'm excited to get this one. Looks bad a$$ to me.

Better comparison shot of the two heads from Toyworld:

You can REALLY see the improvements in this photo. Not that the previous ones above were bad or anything.
IMG_1022.jpg

Shoot me but I would like to have both, to me they are both on an equal level of greatness, how weird that 2 heads are pretty much the same and yet different.

I really don't like the now 'patented' it seems, overly vibrant lower eyelash paint! It's always so realistically subtle on the proto, and on the release piece, so unnaturally thick and like eyeliner! And also, is it just my monitor or are they screwing wrongly with eyes again? Why is the proto proper brown, whereas the release head looks blue? The wrong color will make or break any head, i don't think sometimes they realise how important eye color is

Last edited:

I will pass, is not what they showed us on the proto. :banghead

Not sure why gorkas123 thinks The new head looks COMPLETELY different, but to me its almost identical to the proto.The only "problem" with this sculpt is the slight difference in hair color, which isnt even very noticeable and may just be the lighting.

I really don't like the now 'patented' it seems, overly vibrant lower eyelash paint! It's always so realistically subtle on the proto, and on the release piece, so unnaturally thick and like eyeliner! And also, is it just my monitor or are they screwing wrongly with eyes again? Why is the proto proper brown, whereas the release head looks blue? The wrong color will make or break any head, i don't think sometimes they realise how important eye color is

You know in all these photos, the head is magnified much larger than what you'll see in person. You won't even notice the eyelash patterns. The v1 connor head (the botched one) has painted eyelashes that look like a thick line, which actually makes it look like eyeliner, who wants that? As for the eye color, I dunno, they don't look blue to me. They're about the same color as the proto. :confused:

Shoot me but I would like to have both, to me they are both on an equal level of greatness, how weird that 2 heads are pretty much the same and yet different.

I guess if you want a greasy, sun-baked John Connor, then yeah the first head is awesome.

Some Hot Toys brown eyes come out almost a greyish brown, so in some lighting, may look blue.

As for the eyelashes, it can be a bit distracting, but ultimately, you have to really look at the figure closeup to notice, from a distance, display view, they're fine.

The original head looks to have an outline of the whites painted int he area of the whites and it changes the entire look of the eyes, so it is much better in that regard on the final head.

Is the eyelash thing new? On my other HT heads they are tiny dots. How they get them so small I have no idea. Has anyone ever seen or know the HT's process of painting heads?

Back