Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Well, it really comes down to your mindset when you buy stuff.

For me, there are characters that, short of being a complete train wreck, I'll get the figures of because I love them.

Anything outside of that, for me, it then becomes weighing in the figure itself.

I don't think I've ever considered a figure that I don't enjoy some context of, so I do have to at least enjoy the show or movie or whatever a bit to even consider getting figures from it, but that just opens me up to looking at the figure, then I judge it for myself.

I ordered the Connor figure before the movie based only on trailers and photos. I like the emotional and visual qualities of the portrait on this figure, I think it makes a very nice looking soldier figure, I like the gear, I like the costume, I just look at it and see an appealing figure. It's tied to something I like (Terminator as a franchise more so than just T:S) so I got it.

I'm not too big on how ADI changed the look of the Aliens from Giger's original design, but I thought the AVP figure from Hot Toys looked really cool so I bought it as a cool figure based on something I like.

If your collecting involves strong connections to the source material, I'd be wary of buying things you weren't 70% or more sure you enjoy the property it's based on because it sounds like if you turn sour on the property, you'll instantly sour on the products as well.

I'm actually basing my thoughts on how I feel about my AvP:R figures. I passed on the predalien because I wasn't fond of the design and because I thought the paintscheme turned out horrible. I don't regret this decision in the least. However I have both versions of Wolf and the Alien warrior and I consider these to be the lesser figures of my collection (apart from the now rather primitive SS T2 figures). This is because, like most people, I think the film is crap and having the figures just reminds me of that crap film. Meanwhile the execution on those figures was not my favourite so I don't have that to fall back on. I've always thought that the Wolf figures were too thin, noticeably in the legs, and his head is a bit too elongated. And the Alien was just another Hot Toys alien. Impressive while its ''new toy'' value lasts and then.....meh.

So its been a fear of mine that the T4 figures will similarly come to be viewed by me as lesser items in my collection due to their association with a very forgettable film. However their execution is quite a bit better than the AvP line so hopefully not.

Sort of why i Cancelled all my t4 preorders. That and getting canned:mad:. I hope Abcexpress refunds me for the marcus. I sent them an email and they wanted a reason why i wanted a refund and i told em i got canned.:lol

I thought T4 was fantastic, it might be cause I don't know any better, but being a 20 year Terminator fan does that I guess.

I thought T4 was fantastic, it might be cause I don't know any better, but being a 20 year Terminator fan does that I guess.

It still had some problems, but T4 was a pretty cool action movie. Though Mcg isnt that great of a director, Especially if he plans to bring time travel back to T5!

I know it has it's issues, and i probably would've changed some things, but overall it's not as bad as the critics made it out to be.
If the 5th one does involve them finding the Time Displacement Equipment, I hope it's just to send Kyle back, and nothing else.

I know it has it's issues, and i probably would've changed some things, but overall it's not as bad as the critics made it out to be.
If the 5th one does involve them finding the Time Displacement Equipment, I hope it's just to send Kyle back, and nothing else.

Agreed. that should be the entire plot for T5!

"Connor on the ground"

connortestagen.jpg

Yeah....cool pic. :cool:b
Can you post just the backdrop?
I'd like to print it as a backdrop for my figures.

This would look so cool behind john connor!

great pic agen, what do you think of the figure in hand? im blown away by mine and im wondering if your expectations were exceeded as well or if its pretty much just what you expected?

With the notices for arrival starting to appear, I thought I'd bump Facebox's fine gallery of shots to keep the fire's burning during the wait....it's going to be great having this thread fill up with images of this fantastic looking figure...may add a few myself....:)

Thanks for the complement jedibear

Here are a few "up close and personal" pictures of Connor for my figures.com review. I'm still in the process of editing them:
(notice the lightly painted sideburns)

AWESOME FIGURE! :rock

pix024.jpg

pix027.jpg

pix120.jpg

pix100-1.jpg

pix103.jpg

pix091.jpg

Yeah, looks like you got lucky on the paint apps Facebox, your chin strap between the ears and goatee looks to be the right level of showing, their, but not blatant either.

Looking, even Agen's looks to be a good one.

It'd be great if they all were like that, but we've seen ones where it's heavier. That's one thing I'm not happy with on this figure, it's a roll of the dice on the paint and there's a pretty good difference between better and worse on paint apps, at least to me, I want the chin strap hardly noticeable and the really noticable one just doesn't look right for the character.

Yeah, looks like you got lucky on the paint apps Facebox, your chin strap between the ears and goatee looks to be the right level of showing, their, but not blatant either.

Looking, even Agen's looks to be a good one.

It'd be great if they all were like that, but we've seen ones where it's heavier. That's one thing I'm not happy with on this figure, it's a roll of the dice on the paint and there's a pretty good difference between better and worse on paint apps, at least to me, I want the chin strap hardly noticeable and the really noticable one just doesn't look right for the character.

I wonder if anything can be done for others who get one that have heavy paint? Do you think nail polish remover or paint thinner would work without damaging the figure?

BTW, my main gripe with this fig is the Velcro. ("Majic Tape" my ^^^):monkey1
It doesn't stick good at all. I'm about to glue them. :mad:

I wonder if anything can be done for others who get one that have heavy paint? Do you think nail polish remover or paint thinner would work without damaging the figure?

I wouldn't have the balls to try! :horror

this is definitely one of the greatest hot toys figures ever made

this is definitely one of the greatest hot toys figures ever made

I kind of agree with that, its up there with Cannibal Jack and V2 Batman and BR Joker for me..but, i love their military figures and own about 7 of the some what newer ones from that line, so having a really good bale likeness mixed with the quality HT gives you with their military line= a win for sure.

He's looking good, i'm just waiting to see Marcus shipped in hand pics, and i might pick up both

Thanks for the pics FB, that new head looks fantastic, such an improvement!

Back