Hot Toys - MMS 85 - The Spirit - The SPIRIT figure spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From your photos Dave, it looks like A LOT of the detail the proto had is now missing on the production piece:

4047_DSC_3092a_3x4.jpg

iunno.. the head sculpt just looks really cheap. Same with the hat. Coat looks great. Tie looks really big and awkward (in some of the photos it looks like it's floating and not even attached). Just overall (especially compared to Octopus) it just doesn't look like a $150+ figure imo.

It looks cheap. The proto didn't really have the Gabriel Macht likeness but with the production its non-existant.

gabriel-macht-as-the-spir-001.jpg

1560476152_macht1.jpg

The tie, suit, jacket looks cheap....it doesn't really look like an HT piece IMHO.

It looks cheap. The proto didn't really have the Gabriel Macht likeness but with the production its non-existant.

gabriel-macht-as-the-spir-001.jpg

1560476152_macht1.jpg

The tie, suit, jacket looks cheap....it doesn't really look like an HT piece IMHO.

I though the exact same thing. It doesnt look like a HT figure at all

Like anyone would know if it has a Gabriel Macht likeness...:cool:

If you disregard the body - it's on par with the DCD 13", although I like the wired tie and coat on the HT.

I don't think any detail has been lost from proto to production - but obviously a lot of effort was not expended here.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't think any detail has been lost from proto to production - but obviously a lot of effort was not expended here.

Since you have it in-hand, is the head/face detailed like this?

4047_DSC_3092a_3x4.jpg

Because from your pics, it looks real smooth and Ken-Doll like. Not really detailed like most HT heads. :confused:

I'm like 99% sure thats the exclusive Godfather hat they gave him. Or vice versa.

Nope, the hats are completely different shapes, although both are pressed material rather than plastic. Now that I look at it closely though - it may be the same as the Michael Jackson hat.

He's pretty detailed in the face, has the intrinsic sculpt. But the color of the plastic is paler than usual, so doesn't look as good.

I just noticed the mask is a separate piece but if you pull it off he has channels in his face where it's glued in.

I don't know about the sculpt but the lack of definition and pale skin tone is what makes it look cheap to me.

Can the tie's knot be made to look any smaller? It looks a little big to me in the pics.

Wow. The hat kind of kills it for me. That bow on the side makes it appear too large. The face is too soft, as others have noted, but for the DCD price I'm looking to pay for this I don't think I'll mind overall (except for that damn hat!).

I might wait to find a $60-90 price tage on this bad boy.

This is indeed a bad boy :lol

Yeah....it's not top quality, but if I can snag one for the price range I'm willing to pay then it will be comparable to the DCD deluxe figures I've bought in the past (all at way below retail). And this is better than DCD quality I'm sure. Again, I'm one of the very few who liked The Spirit. I enjoyed the straight forward, two dimensional characters and silly action.

Most comic books are like that anyway.:naughty

I'm not surprised Hot Toys cheaped out. This one was always going to be a hard sell. The movie was awful and its box office returns were abysmal. Why not cut their losses on this?

I'm not surprised Hot Toys cheaped out. This one was always going to be a hard sell. The movie was awful and its box office returns were abysmal. Why not cut their losses on this?

I'm wondering if that's not what they did when they realized the movie tanked.

Yeah....it's not top quality, but if I can snag one for the price range I'm willing to pay then it will be comparable to the DCD deluxe figures I've bought in the past (all at way below retail). And this is better than DCD quality I'm sure. Again, I'm one of the very few who liked The Spirit. I enjoyed the straight forward, two dimensional characters and silly action.

heh, if i liked the character i'd do the same. hope you get a good deal bro :whip

I liked the movie also and if I can find it for under 75 dollars ill buy it. I just wish Hot Toys would have tried a bit harder

I bought the head sculpt for 22 dollars probibly bash it to robin or green lantern ,maybe green hornet ???

Last edited:
I bought the head sculpt for 22 dollars probibly bash it to robin or green lantern ,maybe green hornet ???

Green Hornet would work great! I'd love to see that.

I can see why 99.9% of people hated Spirit; it's not a good movie, just a guilty pleasure of mine.

But so is collecting these figures....:naughty

Back