Hot Toys - MMS 85 - The Spirit - The SPIRIT figure spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spirit figure looks great, but he can't keep that damn tie straight! :D

Could soooo go for a good 1/6 Scarlett Johansson from this movie-
scarlett-johansson_spirit_l.jpg
I could go for Scarlett Johansson anytime. :drool :naughty

johansson-allure1.jpg

Ain't that Paz Vega? Not Eva Mendez.
You are correct sir and yes she is extremely hot as well.

The black suit isn't accurate to the source material, however. The Spirit always wore a blue suit, blue mask, blue gloves, blue hat, and white shirt (with the red tie). And the characters of The Shadow and The Spirit are completely different: different origins, different backgrounds, different methods of operation, etc.
Of course, Frank Miller appears to have completely disregarded Will Eisner's work to give us HIS take on the character. I'm really kinda dreading this movie, as anyone unfamiliar with the character will be given an inaccurate
interpretation.
There WAS a previous Spirit film produced 20-odd years ago: ABC-TV broadcast a TV-movie version back in 1987 or so. The title character was portrayed by Sam Jones (of "Flash Gordon" fame), and he at least *looked* the part:

vlcsnap-60294-741054.png

When dealing with a character that old, things must be changed. There will never be a perfect adaptation. You need to adapt to a new material. Its life.

Ain't that Paz Vega? Not Eva Mendez.

In the pic I posted yes, it was just to show the Octopus in his white uniform not the figure. Paz Vega's character "Plaster of Paris" hasn't been rumored at all...

This is Sand Sarif:

eva-mendes-spirit-sand-sarif-403x600.jpg

sarefrj2.jpg

The Spirit looks pretty cool, but if the movie sucks I won't go near the figure. I'm loving that monster machinegun though.

And oh yeah....the women in this movie are incredibly hot. Thought you should know.

Yeh, was posted in the 'HT not backing down from the Spirit figures' thread in DC section.

Good to have here too though. :)

Great likeness.

The black suit isn't accurate to the source material, however. The Spirit always wore a blue suit, blue mask, blue gloves, blue hat, and white shirt (with the red tie).
vlcsnap-60294-741054.png

In an interview with Frank Miller, he addressed the black suit change. He said, essentially, he wasn't going to burden the character with a color choice that was brought about by the inferior printing processes of the time. In other words, Eisner would have used black if that could have been printed well.

But as the Phantom was supposed to be grey and wound up purple, Hulk was grey and wound up green, and Batman wore excessive blue, the Spirit should have always worn black.

Last edited:
i don't know about you but, but while the figure is nice, i'm customizing my own, I've already got a custom suit made from amy jones, and Venh is working on a minor repaint on a christain bale TDK V.2 scupt for me, it's shaping up quite nicely actually.

i don't know about you but, but while the figure is nice, i'm customizing my own, I've already got a custom suit made from amy jones, and Venh is working on a minor repaint on a christain bale TDK V.2 scupt for me, it's shaping up quite nicely actually.

Post it when it is done :D

Of course, I'm going to post the progress pictures and lead up to the figure, can't wait for it to come together in final form. Last thing I need is a white shirt and a fedora, probably from H2.

The spirit is the least of my worries with all the terminators coming out, and i have a feeling he wont be rushing of shelves.

Back