Hot Toys - MMS 85 - The Spirit - The SPIRIT figure spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if any body has tried making the comic spirit from this guy?Get a white shirt,blue suit,repaint the mask and gloves,and maybe,dye the hat blue and that would make a kickass figure(movie version looks great,but i really didn't care for the film).As far as the Octopus goes,I suppose you could get a TT,and repaint the gloves and Maybe use an HT Joker coat and pants with a Spirit tie and a Dent shirt,maybe get a generic bald head and keep him in the shadows.

Last edited:
i love these figures. i have them both and think they are very under rated. the spirit could use a touch of paint to make him shine. but thats it. the rest of him is pretty basic to make any better. great pics ARRIVAL! makes me want to copy some poses :whip

The sculpt of Spirit isn't good enough. That's true.
But I think the rest parts are still solid.
In fact, I have lots of fun with the posable coat and red tie~~

Really underrated !!!

More pics ! Cool stuff !

14a38d23ea95a9.jpg

14a38d20d5b116.jpg

14a38d1df1eaaf.jpg

14a38d1a315507.jpg

14a38d1a82e366.jpg

14a38d258171b6.jpg

Arrival, looks like your Octopus have the marks arround the head the same I have in my figure, marks from the leave from hat.

But that makes no sense. How can JUST The Spirit look crappy while The Octopus looks great when both figures are in the same exact photo!? :lol

Some figures are not picture esq. Even octopus doesn't look that great in that lighting..

You have to wonder why they skimped on the paint on the The Spirit. But the outfit is excellent. Certainly doesn't look like a $20 figure.

Not to sound like a complete rube....but I've been a comic collector for some odd 35 years.....have always loved the Spirit....and I didn't find Miller's movie to be all that bad....I was entertained and enjoyed it for the popcorn movie it was meant to be. As for the Hot Toys figures....I'm amazed at all 3 and will look to add them to my collection soon. I already have the DC Direct 13", as well as the Mezco 7" figures and 12" figure. All of them are above par figures.

Maybe as the years roll on completists will look favourably upon Hot Toys "Spirit" figures but personally I will always view it as one of the strangest most illogical non-sensical wastes of two hours i ve experienced.

:welcome1: by the way!!

I still think this figure is an excellent addition to any collection, it just looks cool in general. I think they should have included a cat and manhole cover though. And the face could have been painted better, but it certainly isn't terrible, and I think it is pretty good. And the outfit really is excellent.

I still think this figure is an excellent addition to any collection, it just looks cool in general. I think they should have included a cat and manhole cover though. And the face could have been painted better, but it certainly isn't terrible, and I think it is pretty good. And the outfit really is excellent.

I pretty much agree entirely. The suit detail is really nice, and although the movie is a little weird, it's not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

Yep, cool figure, no two ways about it.
Not Hot Toys coolest... but still cool!

Back