Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up with threads now... Went from heart-attack to instant relief there for a second...

Thank you for the update, Joe! :rock

I put all my eggs in Joe's basket... better come through buddy... :)

So should I put in another order at Toy2 just to be safe? I could always find someone who would like the other one, I'm fairly certain.

Got mine orderd at abc-express..
Think i might get another from toys2 if they have any left as i really dont wanna be stood in the rain if abc let me down.. Tho hard call asmy funds are low as i just preorderd the ironman bust .. Oh man decisions decisions..

Got my order in for him at Toys2.
Nice to know that I won't have to fork out for customs like you :flag guys.

Thanks Joe.:D

Haha yeah spose that could happen, havent been caught by customs for a while now. Sod it really its was the 1st pre order i did so im new to all this so gonna make some misstakes on the way lol .. and knowing me there will be so many misstakes, its what im good at lol

Just curious, how do we know the head and neck are all one piece? Was there a picture somewhere? If true, why on earth would they do that? And in that case, is the Bruce head on the Batman TDK figure also sculpted to the neck?

Just curious, how do we know the head and neck are all one piece? Was there a picture somewhere? If true, why on earth would they do that? And in that case, is the Bruce head on the Batman TDK figure also sculpted to the neck?

I doubt the Joker's head and neck will be sculpted in one piece. They just didn't show the neckline in the pics imo. As for Bruce you can turn his head for sure.

17DK_Batman_12inches.jpg

Took a look at the Joker's pics and his head is tilted towards the left on some shots and to the right on others. Not sure if they could achieve this with only neck articulation.

12DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

3DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

I worry because I have the Sideshow T-1000 Robert Patrick figure. His head is sculpted with the neck. The way he moves left and right is where the neck meets the torso. It has decent movability that way still, but I like being able to tilt the head side to side, not just turning left and right.

I worry because I have the Sideshow T-1000 Robert Patrick figure. His head is sculpted with the neck. The way he moves left and right is where the neck meets the torso. It has decent movability that way still, but I like being able to tilt the head side to side, not just turning left and right.
i think you'll be alright. from the pics we've seen id say he has a lot of movability in the head. the only problem is there are only so many poses you can do with him looking out of the top of his eyes like that.

Yea, I know what you mean about the eyes. I guess reading through the posts, I came under the impression that people were saying his head was sculpted to the neck. They were probably just referring to the eyes being in a "stuck" position, forcing the head to only look a certain way.

Well, I hope it is true that the head is not sculpted to the neck. I can't believe how awesome these figures look! I've only bought the Superman 2 in 1 and the Jor-El as my first EVER Hot Toys purchase. I'm a huge Superman and Batman fan. I was borderline trying to get Takara Batman, but I'm so glad Hot Toys revisted the Batman Begins Batman suit. I'm afraid to see how badass the Dark Knight one will look.

But this is the Joker thread, so let me say the clothing is amazing in that with all those layers, there is virtually no "puffyness" to it. Sweet.

Joker's head MAY be sculpted to the neck. If they fade his white makeup, then sculpting the neck would allow for that transition. Even if it's sculpted, Hot Toys necks where the head and neck are one piece have more mobility than Sideshow, front to back and side to side.

As for Joker's eyes, I wouldn't worry, if don't right, the eyes will work from multiple angles. Hot Toys' Jack Sparrow's eyes are done mainly to have his head tilted down but they still work fine with it up, so it doesn't matter too much.

Well, I bit the bullet and preordered one of these guys. Should go well with my Tak Bats (just got it so I can't justify getting the HT one). Hopefully they will release a Two Face in the next wave of figures (though I can't imagine that they wouldn't).

I called that place today and left a message... we'll see. Their phone still works at least... :lol

Cool. I sent them an email sometime this weekend, but haven't heard back from that either (I just replyed to the confirmation email since I couldn't find one on their site). :gun

I think that head isn't sculpted to the neck.
Its unlikely hot toys would do that with this figure.
The joker ( especially in this movie ) as a character is posed differently alot of the time around the neck and head area and a sculpted neck just wouldn't make sense on there part.

On a side note I just went to the cinema and watched the trailer for this.
Its gonna rock.

I must be going nuts, but I thought I already saw a picture of it's neck and it was sculpted>?!?! :duh

His head is tilted in different directions throughout the various pictures. It may be jointed at the neck, or at least have some articulation like the busts they've begun to put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back