Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
judging by that pic I don't think the neck starts where the white face paint ends.
I think it just appears that way as it matches the under lying skin tone.
I think its like this . I definitely think this one isn't sculpted to the neck and we will have full articulation.
jokerneckdisscusioncopy.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm with Hicks. I may be wrong but I don't think Hot Toys has produced any figures where the neck and head are sculpted together. Don't see a reason why they would start with the Joker.

yeah I don't think since the marines its been done.
The only decent way to get some of the most wanted poses of this is for it not to be sculpted to the neck. If it is ( which I definitely doubt ) its quite a big error.

yeah , the neck and head are sculpted together , the only ball joint is the one connecting it to the body.

Didn't know that, thanks for the correction. So for these figures do you rotate the neck to turn the head?

The neck joint at the shoulders is identical to figures that have the 2 jointed neck, the only difference is that they added a second ball joint at the top of the neck to attach the head to with the 2 joint style where the older heads were one piece with a neck like Sideshow figures.

I agree, that neck in Wookster's pic looks very scupted. That makes me worry a little. I'm wondering though, since there have been pictures floating around of the figure on actual display, can anyone that was there to see it chime in? I saw maybe 2 or 3 of those pictures with Joker behind glass, but none have any angle of his head/neck area.

I just want the figure, I don't really play or pose my figures so any kind of neck will do as long as the final figure looks as good as the proto.

I think the neck joint is vital on the Joker. Many of the pictures or clips have him cocking his neck to the side (similar to Michael Myers) or even popping his neck in that TV spot.

I think the neck joint is vital on the Joker. Many of the pictures or clips have him cocking his neck to the side (similar to Michael Myers) or even popping his neck in that TV spot.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Agreed. While I don't consider it a deal-breaker either, it does seem pretty darn important considering what (granted, little) we've seen of Ledger's interpretation.

Hell, it's my favorite part of the Mattel Movie Masters figure. You can squeeze an enormous amount of menace and personality out of a slight head tilt.

For my photos, the more poseability the Joker head has, the better, but whatever they do will be and it'll still be a gread figure.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Agreed. While I don't consider it a deal-breaker either, it does seem pretty darn important considering what (granted, little) we've seen of Ledger's interpretation.

Hell, it's my favorite part of the Mattel Movie Masters figure. You can squeeze an enormous amount of menace and personality out of a slight head tilt.

I agree. Heck, I already preordered it! I love the head tilt on my Movie Masters too. It's the little things about the design of these figures that really make them great. I don't go crazy posing things all the time either, but I love to take time to find a really cool pose. The more options, the better it is. I'd take head-t-neck articulation over the neck-to-torso articulation anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back