Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can roll your eyes all you want, it won't improve the sculpt.

I don't think its a bad sculpt at all, but it needs to look more dead on to Heath Ledger in my opinion, I noticed that with the proto. pics. but its a great figure none the less and I'll be glad to have it in August.

I don't think its a bad sculpt at all, but it needs to look more dead on to Heath Ledger in my opinion, I noticed that with the proto. pics. but its a great figure none the less and I'll be glad to have it in August.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's an incredible sculpt. The details on it are amazing. I simply stated it's a very bad sculpt of Ledger as the Joker.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's an incredible sculpt. The details on it are amazing. I simply stated it's a very bad sculpt of Ledger as the Joker.

I think "very bad" is too strong. It's not as if it looks like Bea Arthur.

Care to elaborate what specifically you think is off? Placement & shape of the eyes, nose, mouth, wrinkles and hair all look pretty spot on to me especially when compared to that still of Heath. The brow looks a smidge thick and the hair line doesn't blend as well but that about it. :huh

Perhaps you just don't care for the expression?

It is dead on.

4a8afe94.jpg

especially in this pic :monkey3, might have to get him repainted. But I think he looks fine out of the box.

How do you go about getting it re-painted by someone else? I don't think I'd want to mail this off to anybody else once I had it.

Maybe someone that's a customizer could give me an answer to this.

Would it be possible to modify the preexisting paint from HT and then reseal it?

It looks to me that the current paint just needs a bit more finessing via more dramatic paint in certain areas, paint washes to tone down the overtly green hair, and maybe some chalk pastels for more gradient smudged areas.

Maybe someone that's a customizer could give me an answer to this.

Would it be possible to modify the preexisting paint from HT and then reseal it?

It looks to me that the current paint just needs a bit more finessing via more dramatic paint in certain areas, paint washes to tone down the overtly green hair, and maybe some chalk pastels for more gradient smudged areas.

Send the Head to Les (or Josh or whomever your fave painter is) he knows exactly what to do. :D More pronounced panda eyes alone will nail this for ya, also hair tone, etc. The sculpt is there.

Just provide notes, he does tweaks too, may be best to wait and see a few other reapints before you decide, but I guarantee you, with a slight repaint this figure will be unbelievably cool.

Send the Head to Les (or Josh or whomever your fave painter is) he knows exactly what to do. :D More pronounced panda eyes alone will nail this for ya, also hair tone, etc. The sculpt is there.

Just provide notes, he does tweaks too, may be best to wait and see a few other reapints before you decide, but I guarantee you, with a slight repaint this figure will be unbelievably cool.

I am actually an artist myself, just never had any experience customizing anything like this before. So I was seeking some advice I suppose. This seems like it would be a really fun project to tinker around with ;)

Yup, you got it exactly right. Easy peasy japanesey. Some carefully applied paint and a sealer and you're set. Can't wait to monkey around with this one myself.

Yup, you got it exactly right. Easy peasy japanesey. Some carefully applied paint and a sealer and you're set. Can't wait to monkey around with this one myself.
Right on, I figured as much but I wanted to be sure. It's definitely going to be super fun playing around with this. :D Thanks!

The headsculpt is probably the weakest part of the figure... its not terrible, but not as good as it could be. I'm getting one of Les' custom jobs, like I did with the Nicholoson Joker, which I think will take this figure to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back