Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - Predator (Cleaner Kit version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there it comes down to money. The Predators are one of HT's most successful lines. In an ideal world, they'd have said hey, we're not getting all the details from FOX, let's wait til we can get it all and then we'll make a figure. Collector's didn't need a Wolf to debut at the time of the theatrical release to want Wolf. Hell, if HT does make a RAMBO figure, it'll be months after the film came out that we see it, doesn't bother them there. This explanation is just sugar coating for "we're ^^^^ing you over and milking this for all it's worth." They chose to rush Wolf because they knew they'd get money for the second one down the road too.

that was my issue with them releasing two versions of Superman, and then Predator 2, and now Wolf. Hot Toys makes phenomenal products, but they totally don't respect their customers and completely take advantage of our addiction to collecting. I know I'm going to get raped on Dark Knight figures... I just know it.

It's the fact that news of the "alternate" version only comes out AFTER the first version is completely sold out. Yes I know they are doing it because they are a business, but there needs to be some respect for their consumer.

I still think they inject something in their plastic, which when inhaled causes instant Hot Toys addiction...

that was my issue with them releasing two versions of Superman

It's the fact that news of the "alternate" version only comes out AFTER the first version is completely sold out. Yes I know they are doing it because they are a business, but there needs to be some respect for their consumer.

Well Superman is a bit understandable in my eyes. While they could have done the 2 in 1 premise with the first release, it's also night and day the difference in overall figure quality between first and second release and I somewhat condone that. It's like Windows 98 and Windows XP, same basic product, but enjoyable upgrades. The Predators are an issue with me because they're not significantly spread apart and there's no improvement made on the figure, they're identical but for what accessories they come with, but same base body and head sculpt. If a year from now they got better at making Predators, I'd like to see some reissues, it wouldn't anger me and I'm always out for better product, like buying a new car, sure you don't get back your investment in the old one but you get to enjoy the new one. I understand it's a business, maybe I'm just spoiled because I feel like Sideshow finds a balance between doing well as a business and treating collectors with respect and as people and not just quarterly sales figures.

I understand it's a business, maybe I'm just spoiled because I feel like Sideshow finds a balance between doing well as a business and treating collectors with respect and as people and not just quarterly sales figures.

I agree completely!

And I hear you on Superman. There WAS a significant improvement.

I agree completely!

And I hear you on Superman. There WAS a significant improvement.

I already expect it with Batman, they'll redo him in the old suit because he wears it in TDK and they can get away with it, but again, everyone'll be buzzing about how great the new one looks and the old one's issues will still be there. A prime defense of Supes, I think most board members had Josh or Les repaint the first release, I don't think I've seen V2 get a repaint.

I'm thinking I might get this Wolf for cheap with RP if Sideshow offers it, I want a complete Wolf, but part of me is like don't give in to THE MAN on the issue. Damn Hot Toys, they're like a hot girl that screws with your head, you know you're getting ^^^^ed over, but you're so mesmerized by what they have to offer, you can't say no and walk away.

I already expect it with Batman, they'll redo him in the old suit because he wears it in TDK and they can get away with it, but again, everyone'll be buzzing about how great the new one looks and the old one's issues will still be there. A prime defense of Supes, I think most board members had Josh or Les repaint the first release, I don't think I've seen V2 get a repaint.

I'm thinking I might get this Wolf for cheap with RP if Sideshow offers it, I want a complete Wolf, but part of me is like don't give in to THE MAN on the issue. Damn Hot Toys, they're like a hot girl that screws with your head, you know you're getting ^^^^ed over, but you're so mesmerized by what they have to offer, you can't say no and walk away.

actually, i have V1 of supes repainted, and have put him on the V2 superman outfit. He looks PERFECT now.

I'll also be getting the new Batman Begins figure, if Hot Toys releases one, just because I missed out on it the first time.

With respect to the Hot Toys analogy, i hear you!! Not only that, I feel like the scene in "Seven" when Brad Pitt says "This is us" - as he's bending over.

:lol

thanks, At least we might get a peak at/if there will be an exclusive.

If I recall, there was no indication of the SSC Exclusive until it went up for sale and they put both versions up for order at the same time. I remember because I just placed my order instantly not realizing it was the Exclusive and since I didn't care about it I cancelled it immediately and ordered the regular, it was a total surprise to people.

did they charge you a CANCELLATION fee?

No, there's no cancellation fees on products, though I think there may be with FlexPay items, not sure I never use it, and I believe any large pieces that require a down payment, that payment may be non-refundable.

did they charge you a CANCELLATION fee?

From the SS site....

FLEXPAY ITEM CANCELLATION FEES
Due to the increased administrative costs of the Flex Pay option, Sideshow will charge Flex Pay customers a cancellation fee of $20.00 for cancellations occurring before the first payment date, $40.00 for cancellations occurring after the first payment and before the second payment date, and $60.00 for cancellations occurring after the second payment and before the third payment date. (Based on a 3 payment plan, but fees may increase with number of payments.) If the item’s cost is less then $199, the cancellation fees may be scaled lower in proportion to the final item’s cost.

The cancellation fee will be charged directly to the customer’s credit card. By choosing Flex Pay in placing your order, you will be agreeing to pay any applicable cancellation fee. This is clearly noted on the item’s ordering page as well as during the check out process.

Thanks, now I know I can preorder, that is when it's available, the BD Wolf via SSC and change my mind later.

That's how I use their cancellation policy, I never buy something if I already think I'll cancel before I do it, but I like knowing that if I'm on the fence about something, I have the option to fall back on when the time comes to commit or not. I'd probably miss out on a lot of figures and things if I had to decide up front I'm buying or not cuz I couldn't cancel later if need be.

Back