Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah about half a head too short, her eyeline should be about at T'challas chin

wYr37fN.png

Yup HT was way off. Unfortunately she's not wearing boots like Hela so it won't be possible to use ankle extenders to lengthen the legs.

Yup HT was way off. Unfortunately she's not wearing boots like Hela so it won't be possible to use ankle extenders to lengthen the legs.

I was surprised by the photos showing the height inaccuracies as she always seemed very petite on screen to me and I felt like the size of the HT figure was pretty good. Seeing the difference now isn't a deal breaker, but interesting that HT missed on this. Is it just the female body? I only have IW Widow and AoU Scarlet Witch female figures currently and they look to be roughly the same size. Again, not a deal-breaker and looking forward to this...

Is it me or is shuri the best out of the bp line?

Photo not mine obviously.
dd7ea19e352d394411ad6702117106e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I feel like T'Challa's head looks underscaled here and he's got a giant body. I wonder if they measured her to the top of her hair instead of her actual head.

I was surprised by the photos showing the height inaccuracies as she always seemed very petite on screen to me and I felt like the size of the HT figure was pretty good. Seeing the difference now isn't a deal breaker, but interesting that HT missed on this. Is it just the female body? I only have IW Widow and AoU Scarlet Witch female figures currently and they look to be roughly the same size. Again, not a deal-breaker and looking forward to this...

Yeah they use the same body for all their female figures, except that some have longer ankle pegs (which helped make the TLJ Rey a bit taller than the TFA one, for instance).

It's not a dealbreaker for me either though, especially since I won't have any other BP figures to compare her against and she'd probably just be mixed in with my other female figures.

Damn it really does seem too short. And she also seemed a bit leaner in the movie as well.

Yeah about half a head too short, her eyeline should be about at T'challas chin

Yes, they missed on this big time. The actress is 5'6" tall. The figure's specs say she's 29cm tall, which scales to about 5'8". Accounting for shoes that would be about right if it was to the top of her head as opposed to the top of her hair. They should have ignored her hairdo when doing the scaling. For comparison, Killmonger is 31.3cm tall, which works out to about 6'2".

In spite of the apparent height issue, this figure looks great. I really want to get to her.

height is not a deal breaker for me. Can't wait to add her. Had her paid off with SS Months ago. Still surprised she came out before Killmonger.

Yes, they missed on this big time. The actress is 5'6" tall. The figure's specs say she's 29cm tall, which scales to about 5'8". Accounting for shoes that would be about right if it was to the top of her head as opposed to the top of her hair. They should have ignored her hairdo when doing the scaling. For comparison, Killmonger is 31.3cm tall, which works out to about 6'2".

Yes I think you guys are right, she definitely looks too short.

What a shame because this is an otherwise fantastic looking figure. As others have said this will not result in me canceling my order but it does irritate me.

I hate it when figures are way out of scale, for instance Thor (my favorite comic hero) figures all seem too short compared to other figures. For instance my Thor TDW figure should be significantly taller than Captain America (Civil War) he is not. Hot toys does a great job with so many things in these figures it seems like they shouldn’t miss by so much on things like height.

I'm really excited for HT to get through some of my long list of pre-orders: Shuri, Killmonger, Ant-Man, Wasp, etc.

Back