Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank god Shuri came out well. After the disaster of that Black Panther sculpt I was very worried for Shuri and Bucky with the amzing sculpts they had.

Amazing box.

Her prototype has always been much better than black panther tbh. I didn't PO black panther cos I thought he didnt look that good and when the final headsculpt is worse, didnt surprised me.
Was a bit worried that shuri might have a downgrade as well, especially the hair but so glad that she turned out as good as if not better the prototype... Her body looked too skinny in the prototype but not this one imo.
So glad she turned out so amazing.
2142d265acec705dab6e840209166e5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Awesome! HS didn't loose anything from the proto, looking forward to shipment.

Man, really missing Okoye now though

Think this is easily among their top best female sculpts. Actually looks alive and looks spot on.

Wow, I had no real interest in collecting BP figures before, but this one came out so great and has such a cool look with the outfit and weapons that I may not be able to resist.

I was in the same boat and just pulled the trigger at Sideshow... I liked the character but didn't see her as necessary for my IW/EG focused collection. She looks too good to pass up!

I told myself no on Shuri because of all the other figures I have on order atm, but damn I’d this isn’t good. This is Hela level good and I know if I don’t jump on buying her now once she is sold out she’ll double in price like Hela. I imagine Shuri didn’t get as big a production run as BP either. Decisions decisions.

That sculpt is so dynamic, it’s almost like they included two depending on the position it can look angry or regal.

Exceptional.

She looks fantastic! I can't wait for mine to arrive. It'll probably take another month before SSC starts shipping.

I PO’d her day one based on that prototype (cos I still live dangerously or foolishly, by expecting all figures to be as good as the proto at least lol)... I ordered her simply because I think she is going to be integral to the next phase of films and the next avengers set up... so I figured I’ll get her now to save me getting her later. Much like I did with Scarlet Witch and Vision.

I have one complaint though. She appears too short. It’s the female figure syndrome with making them all too small. I love my Hela figure so much... but she’s too short next to Thor and Loki on my shelf and it annoys me a bit.

I PO’d her day one based on that prototype (cos I still live dangerously or foolishly, by expecting all figures to be as good as the proto at least lol)... I ordered her simply because I think she is going to be integral to the next phase of films and the next avengers set up... so I figured I’ll get her now to save me getting her later. Much like I did with Scarlet Witch and Vision.

I have one complaint though. She appears too short. It’s the female figure syndrome with making them all too small. I love my Hela figure so much... but she’s too short next to Thor and Loki on my shelf and it annoys me a bit.
I think that's because it is their actual height. Cate Blanchett is 5'8 and chris Hemsworth is 6'3. Tom Hiddleston is 6'2 and Letitia Wright is 5'5. The MCU guys are way taller.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank god Shuri came out well. After the disaster of that Black Panther sculpt I was very worried for Shuri and Bucky with the amzing sculpts they had.

Wow, glad to see there was no downgrade with the Shuri headsculpt! But that doesn't mean Bucky is a sure thing either...still gonna wait to see final released photos for him before I pull the trigger. :pray:

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 6.54.34 PM.jpg

This looks great but i am concerned about the arms as you can already see some marks in this photo. I had to leave Gamora in a almost straight arm pose to prevent the arms from coming apart.

Yeah the seamless arms are the one negative I see with this, as some of the coolest poses with the blasters have the arms bent in some way, like below.

I really wish HT would start providing switch-out jointed arms for just those kinds of poses.

67584866_10156413688752344_9076448352484196352_n.jpg

Back