Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She really looks great.

She's very skinny in real life, but not short by any means (for a lady).

It is a bit disappointing that she's so short next to T'challa, but Hot Toys has been bad with scaling the women correctly to the men.

The women are often too short and the men too tall.

I think hot toys didnt get the height wrong, Letitia is 5'5 but they forget to put into account that she might be wearing some high shoes in the movie. Or even wearing shoes at all.
Justin Collection did some height measurements and hot toys did take Letitia's real life height but forgetting that she is actually higher than whatever is put in her imdb. People wear shoes and stuff. So in short they got Letitia's height right but not Shuri's height right if that makes any sense. But that's what I feel why the women in hot toys figures look shorter than they actually are.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That 5'5 number has to be inaccurate, or she wouldn't come up nearly as high to Boseman as she does.

Well unless the actors come into the office and let Hot Toys measure them then all anyone can go by is listed height. If she is listed as 5'5" then that is what it is.

The debate just comes down to if we want movie character scaling or actual real life actor scaling. It seems Hot Toys mixes and matches between the two for different characters.

Well unless the actors come into the office and let Hot Toys measure them then all anyone can go by is listed height. If she is listed as 5'5" then that is what it is.

The debate just comes down to if we want movie character scaling or actual real life actor scaling. It seems Hot Toys mixes and matches between the two for different characters.

I would have been happy if her size relative to the other BP figures was accurate. Unfortunately, that's not the case. It seems HT made her figure a bit too short and the BP figure too tall. Wright is listed as either 5'5" or 5'6" (I've seen both), while Boseman is listed as 6'0". The figures scale to 5'4" (without the approximate 4" pile of hair on top) and 6'2" respectively. So instead of their actual 6 to 7" differential (only 3-4" when including her hair), the height difference of their figures scales to 10" (6" including her hair). As one would expect, I was planning on displaying her with T'Challa, T'Chaka and Killmonger, but unless they're all crouching she's going to look too small. Now I'm going to end up either putting her on a riser to camouflage HT's error or display her elsewhere. :(

Hey fellas, is there anywhere else to order this from besides SS?

PCZ is my usual spot to order from, but they are sold out now. I initially had no interest in this figure, but since the final production headsculpt turned amazing I'm itching to grab one now!

So any other stores/website have Shuri for a reasonable price that double boxes and doesn't overcharge for shipping?

Thanks in advance!

I would have been happy if her size relative to the other BP figures was accurate. Unfortunately, that's not the case. It seems HT made her figure a bit too short and the BP figure too tall. Wright is listed as either 5'5" or 5'6" (I've seen both), while Boseman is listed as 6'0". The figures scale to 5'4" (without the approximate 4" pile of hair on top) and 6'2" respectively. So instead of their actual 6 to 7" differential (only 3-4" when including her hair), the height difference of their figures scales to 10" (6" including her hair). As one would expect, I was planning on displaying her with T'Challa, T'Chaka and Killmonger, but unless they're all crouching she's going to look too small. Now I'm going to end up either putting her on a riser to camouflage HT's error or display her elsewhere. :(

Yeah it's annoying how small she is... In Justin's review he puts her beside the new Black Panther and it's almost laughably odd looking. I'm going to have to place her on a rise too... Shuri is able to somewhat get away with the small-ness as she's not an intimidating character... But the Hela story is a whole other conversation... she was a colossal bad ass villain and her scaling made her look kind of meek, height-wise, in comparison... some of her bad ass sheen was lost as a result...

PCZ is my usual spot to order from, but they are sold out now. I initially had no interest in this figure, but since the final production headsculpt turned amazing I'm itching to grab one now!

So any other stores/website have Shuri for a reasonable price that double boxes and doesn't overcharge for shipping?

Thanks in advance!

Popcultcha still has it, price isn’t great though and it while be awhile before they get it in stock ...
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/black-panther-2018-shuri-1-6th-scale-hot-toys-action-figure.html

Thanks in advance!

Alter Ego has free shipping and double boxes. They also have a rewards program. Will PM you my referral link. You’ll get $15 off your first order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alter Ego has free shipping and double boxes. They also have a rewards program. Will PM you my referral link. You’ll get $15 off your first order.

DenseGrippingDegus-size_restricted.gif

That 5'5 number has to be inaccurate, or she wouldn't come up nearly as high to Boseman as she does.
Movie magic. She prob wore high heel shoes and looks quite as tall as Boseman on screen.
Hela is the most apparent one, Hemsworth is such a tall dude but in the movie she is as tall as him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely sign up for their rewards program. You'll get $25 in reward points on your birthday every year, plus there's no 40 day delay on reward points availability. The birthday points plus free shipping over $200 means I order at least one HT figure per year from them.

How can anyone not want her?

Ultraben's pic from insta.
0fcc50cb095daea1ae4ffd757fa58413.jpg

If you don't go past 90 degrees they usually look okay. They're not baseball catchers, so I don't understand why someone would want to risk damage to their suits like that.

Because people kneel all the time. Spider-Man's suit can rebound, so it doesn't bother me to have him flexed, it's pretty essential for the character.

Back