Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Set

So...was the Vader in the Jedi Luke promo pictures THIS Vader or are we getting yet another one? Where's Jack Bauer when you need him?

I am out saving the world...

Poor scalpers just can't get a break!

Wonder how the lightsaber lights up. They don't show if it's a removeable arm like on the original ANH Vader and all the other SW figures. It does say "new" light up lightsaber though. Would be cool if HT figured out how to make the electronics incorporated into the hilt. But still, a problem is looks like they used the RO hilt, which is actually an ESB hilt and was also wrong for the RO version. The original ANH hilt was correct, so why wouldn't they use that? Unless they didn't want to bother as this hilt could be used for an the eventual ESB Vader.... This new Vader is literally just a mish mash of the previous 2. Curious to see final pics of what it actually will look like.

At least I'l have another shot at a set of proper gloves for my ANH Vader. Tarkin looks good, but really no interest for me. Although he would look cool posed next to the eventual Emperor figure if he comes with the throne, which looks more likely since Tarkin comes with a chair.

I think I'm going to be getting this set. I have a Modded ROTJ Vader with HT head. But I think this set will be awesome. Another Vader to have with Tarkin and the Emperor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannot get over how awesome the face sculpt for Tarkin is. Way above 1:6 standard even for Hot Toys, wow.

Wish they managed to do as well with the Emperor :lecture

I sold my original ANH Vader because of the dumb sound feature and horrible gloves. This might temp me now that they have remedied those.

Is this the same Vader as the R1 Vader released this year?

Vader looks to be the ANH recast but with RO gloves. The cape and tunic are clearly ANH (no pleats on tunic, and the duller shade of black). Helmet looks a bit less polished.

Yeah, I have RO gloves, cape and tunic for my ANH Vader... so unfortunately this Vader doesn't help me...

...although I'd like the properly gloved light-up saber.

I'm in for the two pack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I have that already from the ANH vader the gloved light up saber arm. of course you have to use the ANH hand as it`s attached to the light up saber arm. but I like the light up feature as it makes the figure look cool.

I have that already from the ANH vader the gloved light up saber arm. of course you have to use the ANH hand as it`s attached to the light up saber arm. but I like the light up feature as it makes the figure look cool.

But that's exactly the point: the new figure has the good gloves with the light-up saber.

So I see more money leaving you for this new light-up saber. Sorry, you must get it. You know you must. Your figure is no longer the best.

what you think you some kind of jedi waving your hand around like that .mind tricks don't work on me only money :lol

On the Vader, apart from the gloves, what is the real difference between this and the original ANH one that was released?

Tarkin looks like he is into some gentle petting with Vader in this pic. Tickle tickle tickle! What does this button do?!

20776668_10154773131372344_3531504502177843689_o.jpg

Back