Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Set

They are backwards great set but the set we really needed right now was R2-D2 and c3p0. Tarkin should have been on his own and R2-D2 should have been the set!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see where HT believe Tarkin would be a slow seller by himself. Lets be honest here, only hardcore Star Wars collectors frequenting these parts have been anticipating this release for four decades. HT are definitely trying to lure more casual collectors adding an iconic beacon to the deal. I believe it's especially true from an Asian market standpoint where Star Wars isn't selling as well as Marvel or DC.

As stated, i think alot of people wouldn't buy moff cause they couldnt get their hands on a Vader now. This takes care of that issue.

This is great for those who passed on ANH Vader and also for those who might want to pick up "proper" loose Vader hands to replace those horrible, horrible, velcro hand design from original release!! Now where's my ****ing Ripley!!!

In other news, this actually works out for me. I wasn't happy with the original ANH Vader for a few reasons, so waited, knowing they'd do another Vader. Wasn't sold on areas of the RO Vader, and didn't want to go to the expense of customization with replacement parts, so waited, knowing that they'd do another Vader. And now here's another ANH Vader, seemingly free of most of the issues I had with the original release. It may not be perfect, but I think this one will do me quite fine, and I was getting Tarkin anyway, so it's a rare win for me. Even though I know it is inevitable that they'll still do another Vader down the track. :)

I get why some others may not be quite as happy about this, though. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

I'd prefer separate packaging as I definitely want Tarkin, but am only intrigued by this Vader for the time being. Have to see what the final product looks like as I'm not totally convinced that all the parts they're currently using will definitely be the ones we're getting.

Im not a fan of OT.. but Tarkin seems nice...lets just wait to see the set price tag first.

Not sure how old you are, but if you grew up in the time of PT this is a good thing for SW as it is exactly what GL set out to do when creating PT…..have SW for another generation!!

FYI Im a OT guy.

Never enough vaders in one's collection.

Good point that this two pack will motivate more people to get Tarkin. Definitely a nice set especially for those who might have been dragging their feet about getting a Vader. I wonder how much the set will be…

Hmm, as much as I'd love an ANH Vader, I'm still not totally crazy about how overly matte the armor is on this, or how heavy the grooves are on the mask. And somehow his general build doesn't feel quite as right to me as it does on the RO Vader either.

The light-up saber would be cool to have though.

They look great! :rock Depending on the price I think I may get this set...always intended on buying Tarkin - and my collection is seriously lacking a Vader figure, so this might be a good option for me. :)

I don't see the point in these two being a set.

Well, the Rogue One Vader sold out, despite looking more or less identical to the ANH Vader. Obviously there's demand to trot another Vader out.

So...was the Vader in the Jedi Luke promo pictures THIS Vader or are we getting yet another one? Where's Jack Bauer when you need him?

WOW!

For those that missed the first ANH Vader, they get him AND with the good gloves! That's a win!!!!

I am so happy right now!

I'm trying to get OUT of the 6th scale line. & I've been so good too. I've passed on everything, except the remaining ESB Bounty Hunters & Tamashii R2-D2 (but that was for completeist purposes), for almost two years. It killed me to pass up on the HT Vader too. This two pack, however, I can't pass up.
BUT THAT'S IT!
I promise?
Damn it people, I'm running out of room! :panic:

I'm confused
In the first picture vader has the anh chest box, in the other pictures the ro one. Probably ht is more confused than me....

I'm confused
In the first picture vader has the anh chest box, in the other pictures the ro one. Probably ht is more confused than me....

Don't worry the final relase will come with the ROTJ box and ROTS packaging.

Does the Interrogator Droid come with a proper stand this time? Since the stands for Vader and Tarkin are different than the past "grate"-style bases, there's no place for the droids pole to attach to.

They could keep the droid. And drop the price a bit. I wish.

The Vader/Tarkin pack provides Hot Toys the opportunity of selling enough Tarkins to justify the manufacturing investment on this figure.

I passed on the original ANH Vader and picked up the RO Vader but would definitely like to pick up the interrogation droid to add to the display.

the droids pole
EGZpG0i.jpg

Back