1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 317 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
999cc4cd414e964907d1a3d4be6fe8c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I think too. I loved the classic stormtrooper from when I was little but alongside the new ones he looks far less "cool"

I've been thinking about pre-ordering the 2x troopers set + Rey for a little diorama.. but counting the cost, plus shipping, plus conversion into $CDN... ends up around $1012. Ugh :/

Not sure at this point.

Creasy, keep the OT Trooper as well. You'll regret it later, if you don't.

I know that was my original thoughts, might still go with selling the squad leader & picking up another coloured pauldran leader down the line just so there's more of a difference between the 2 tfa ones, I think lol

I know that was my original thoughts, might still go with selling the squad leader & picking up another coloured pauldran leader down the line just so there's more of a difference between the 2 tfa ones, I think lol

The captain one with the red pauldron and shoulder pouch looks pretty sweet. That could be your "alternate" trooper instead of the squad leader.

The captain one with the red pauldron and shoulder pouch looks pretty sweet. That could be your "alternate" trooper instead of the squad leader.

That's what I was thinking, needs something more distinctive. Yup think il be getting rid of the exclusive squad

Yup made my decision, put the exclusive squad leader on evil bay. I would regret getting rid of the original stormy.
Gonna clear out a few things cos I just picked up 2 batman returns & the tfa stormie

& the 89 batmobile at the start of December

Is it just me, or do the First Order troopers look so much more bad-@$$ than the OT ones, lol

Not gonna say it's just you, but no...I like the "classic" version better. The new ones are very streamlined and smooth. The look like expensive sports car troopers....lol.That's not bad....but not necessarily more "bad@$$" either....

Is it just me, or do the First Order troopers look so much more bad-@$$ than the OT ones, lol

I think it comes down to the fact that:

A.) the TFO Troopers are new, and new is exciting.

B.) the OT Troopers are super skinny, the TFO troopers are more beefy looking, and we are used to thinking of soldiers as being thicker.

C.) TFO Troopers armor is slightly more practical, and they have a sidearm attached to their thigh, which is a really cool look.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I think they look like ducks.....
Anyone see a duck face....
The helmets remind me of Donald Duck....
Fat ducks....

Duck.

(Just pick up Heavy, I think they look cool) but I have not seen the "D" word mentioned in a while so,thought I Would get it out of the way

The look of the FO Stormtrooper has grown on me and seeing the movie really helped in that department, but I still prefer the OT trooper. And as far as figures goes, there's no comparison, they both look stunning but the FO trooper is much more limited in how you can pose it so the OT trooper gets the nod there.

I e-mailed SSC a to ask about shipping rate last week for more than one of the troopers and I still have not heard back yet, which is odd since their customer service is usually quite good...

Okay....give me a sec to get this foot out of my mouth.... :)
Alright....there.

Went to another viewing last weekend and while waiting for the movie to start, I went and ordered a trooper (dang smart phones) - talk about impulse buy!

Anyway...he arrived today and...wow.

When it's right in front of you...it's hard not to be impressed. Very sharp looking figure. Quite the trooper....

Yes, it's a little bulky and stiff, but I'll take that over a floppy figure any day. Not gonna undersell it though...it is a tough one to pose, but it sure looks good once it gets there.

Now I'm really looking forward to the Jakku edition...should look pretty cool with the two of them flanking Ren...

Back