1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 317 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my FO "plain" stormtrooper today. Sadly the articulation is just as terrible as with the squad leader. I suppose I should thank Hot Toys for that. Between the various HT OT stormtroopers (regular, sandie, space and Luke disguise) I clocked up 10 troopers (more once Han disguise and the sandie variants come out). There is no point army building these unless you want to create an army of troopers all standing at attention (which admittedly would look pretty cool). I may grab either a single or the two pack FO snow trooper if I can get a sale price and call it a day on TFA troopers. Unless Phasma rocks, then totally a Phasma. Argh it begins again.

These are crappy iphone pics complete with mega lens distortion on the helmets.

06FBAB25-067E-46DB-A76A-B425F7193963_zpsf8pqdqjv.jpg

974C0A28-904D-4742-9042-972F31454961_zpswn1ligux.jpg

6A3A7809-997B-456C-B104-39FADA7693F4_zpswykdfj1a.jpg

C74453E0-8D5F-4B66-AD65-BA470F16DE5B_zpsjmivf1e9.jpg

That pistol shot is about as dynamic as I can get it without risking damage. The legs just won't do much more and the belt twists if you try.

Got mine today.

The figure is great looking.

The articulation is surprisingly bad.

Looks good momaw!

I think two is plenty with the FO stormtroopers. I'll also grab the Snowtrooper two pack, and Phasma. That's enough TFA I think, outside of Kylo and Finn/Rey.

Looks good momaw!

I think two is plenty with the FO stormtroopers. I'll also grab the Snowtrooper two pack, and Phasma. That's enough TFA I think, outside of Kylo and Finn/Rey.

Always two there are. :lol

Gotta admit that Rey and BB8 looks pretty sweet. Depending on the film, they may represent for the good guys in my collection.

And thanks.

The FO Trooper eyes are giving me a serious Blues Brothers vibe.

Gonna call mine Jake and Elroy. :lol

Absolutely agree with you, momaw. I was set to have a First Order Army to rival my Imperial Army. Upon receiving my various FO Comanders ......ill keep my trooper, heavy trooper pre-order (NRD) along with Snow Troopers but that's it. I don't plan on ordering Plasma as I as so disappointed in the production design of the under suit. I doubt it'll hold up in extreme poses and I don't want an army of troops standing at attention.

Got the single trooper today. No pictures yet, but the under suit is not completely rubber. It's only rubber in the areas where the undersuit shows underneath. It may be that vinyl material 89 batman is made of though. Joints hold poses well and it doesn't seem like it's straining the rubber.

Edit: it does hamper the articulation though... D'oh!

Last edited:
6428c0cb369d269d20f67ecbebf91333.jpg

So people weren't kidding, this guy is tough to pose. But I think I finally got him into a position I'm happy with. The proto pics had this pose but leaning forward more. I was trying so hard to get that but he wouldn't cooperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is an eventual pick-up for me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

To those who have it. can you pull or stretch the inner arm/leg suit up? so maybe the rubber suit won't pile and bend more naturally?

It also has a padded body suit under the full body suit which definitely hampers the ab crunch/twist as well as any leg articulation. I know Hot Toys strives for screen accuracy but I'm sure there's a more forgiving material they could have used. Still love my troopers but it would be nice if they could be posed.

I am thinking about buying one. But i am wondering, would it be possible to remove the head and,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure about the spoiler alert, but thanks.

Don't think it's a spoiler since it's the first thing we see in the first trailer. Here's a shot of Han with the outfit on. It doesn't fit very well, but no telling if Finn would fit better. They'll probably make one though since they've already made 50 stormtrooper variants so far.

Back