1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 317 - Star Wars Ep.VII - First Order Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4244.jpg

No one tell Captain Phasma...

I'm contemplating picking one of these guys up at some point as they look really cool, but it feels kind of blasphemous having just one of these to represent a stormtrooper, without having a classic OT stormtrooper also.

It'd kind of be like having a MoS Supes figure as your only representation of Superman, without having the Christoper Reeve Supes figure.

I know what you mean, Silverstar17....I kind of felt the same way.....and I have an OT trooper (a few from different companies, actually) and I'm really glad I picked this one up.

It's damned wicked looking trooper in it's own right....

....it's not a replacement....it's an evolution. I have a lot of Clone Troopers too. It's cool to have the whole range in the collection.

It also doesn't hurt that the figure is really well done.

Yes, I really like the design of the FO stormtroopers, more so than the design of the OT ones. Like you said, the figure is really solid looking also. I may pick one up at some point to flank my Kylo Ren.

This is fun figure. Mine arrived on Tuesday and it was competing for attention with my Stealth Iron Man Mark III which arrived the day prior. I would say the posing might feel stiff with this figure, but it's way more posable than the Batman figure from the Dark Knight armory set. The elbow joints don't have any kind of warning that they will crack and seem to be made in such a way to withstand most poses holding a blaster. The shoulders are not that tight and it has a pretty good range of motion with the arms, which can even move straight out (not doable with Armory Batman).

The legs, yes are limited in forward upper leg movement, but honestly, how many Stormtroopers are doing leg kicks?

I would say the level of posability is fine considering how the suit and armor are made. I don't own the Hot Toys original Stormtrooper, but my Spacetrooper and Sandtrooper are coming. Some of the comments on range of motion seem to be based out of those figures, which, from comments, are better articulated.

This figure looks cool enough and has enough articulation to satisfy interest in it. I have three of the variants on order, but I honestly wouldn't mind having a second plain trooper.

30d15f2efa1368841ca62545859875e8.jpg

Man I just got my regular trooper today-I'm
Blown away. He's amazing! I had full intentions of selling the squad leader as I only wanted one trooper from each trilogy, owning the original trilogy trooper also but now I'm tempted to sell the ot trooper & keeping these 2.
Dunno what to do now!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude don't get caught in the hype of something new you want to keep the same identicle figure with the addition of a shoulder pad and sell the classic stormtrooper? That's the classic we are taking about here it's the only one you Can't get rid of!

You should just pry off that shoulder pad and sell the trooper for parts on eBay you can get most of your money back if not all of it and then just out the shoulder pad on the regular first order trooper whenever you get board with it.

Great pics jedibear and creasy!!!

Ah there's nothing like a weekend with toys! Got my FO Stormie in yesterday. I really want to pose him better, but I don't have the patience!
I guess I will get my "action figure" fix via SW Black 6 inch figures.
Anyway, got this figure to complete my evolutions display (last couple of pics)

And had fun with him taking some pics. The armor and helmet have really grown on me!!!:)

Hot_Toys_First_Order_Stormtrooper_IMG_6167.jpg

Hot_Toys_First_Order_Stormtrooper_IMG_6184.jpg

close up of the helmet
FO_stormtrooper_helmet_close_up_IMG_6157.jpg

close up of blaster
Hot_Toys_First_Order_blaster_IMG_6161.jpg

And my evolutions display: HT FO Stormie with Medicom Stormie and Medicom Clones
clone_to_stormtrooper_evolution_IMG_6144.jpg

(isolated)
Star_Wars_Clone_to_Stormtrooper_Evolution_IMG_6.jpg

Fantastic shots and set-ups, markecho...looks great . Cool to see the "evolution "...

Here's another shot from me...

Last edited:
Awesome pictures!

I figure that to give this figure even more relevance (if you only have one), you could claim that it's the particular stormtrooper that Rey did the mind trick on, and therefore, Daniel Craig's character in the film. :lol

I'm gonna be selling my original trilogy hot toys stormtrooper, no box or stand but all other accessories & mint as new. Dm me if interested

I'm going to be getting rid of my FO Stormtrooper if anyone is interested, PM me.

7933525a64faaaa1bc3c8dd379cf519e.jpg

I love this pic, even if its Mediclones....

Thanks Wor-Gar! :hi5:

I'm just glad the HT went well with Medi. I really had to resist the HT OTC Stormie (which I still regret) but need the dinero to fund other parts of the collection!
Hopefully someday (which probably will never come) I will replace the Medi Stormtrooper body.

Back