1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

So I guess this means the last 2 pack will be Luke & Leia?

~1200 for the principal cast of ANH is not terrible. That's around what it was for the Avengers, right?

Too late. Bleeding out. Damage has already been done. Et tu, Henry? :lol

Too late? oh well...

destiny3.gif

The times of the Caesar have come to an end

So I guess this means the last 2 pack will be Luke & Leia?

~1200 for the principal cast of ANH is not terrible. That's around what it was for the Avengers, right?

That would be awesome :drool

I've been waiting for this, didn't care if it was HT or SSC took another run at old Ben, just glad he's coming, excited to see the portrait properly.

Someone at the HT Facebook magnified the Guinness sculpt and it does look like his eyes are closed.

Someone at the HT Facebook magnified the Guinness sculpt and it does look like his eyes are closed.

This shouldn't even be a question at this point. In the teaser photo, there is light reflecting in his eye. His eyes are open.

Magnifying the image isn't going to make more detail appear, this isn't CSI.

After seeing this teaser the other day I was resigned to the idea I'd need to put my modded Kenobi and ANH Vader on eBay... but honestly, when I got both down and looked at them I'm really happy with both. After the mods to the ANH Vader he's actually much better looking than the stock Deluxe version and Kenobi looks really nice with a repaint, new body and hands.

I'll still get these, especially if there is an exclusive for the set... but I'll keep my modded figures for now and make a final decision once I get both.

Now having said that, my upgraded ANH Han, Luke and Leia will all be getting the boot. Even with improvements they just aren't up to what I know we'll see from HT :lol

After the mods to the ANH Vader he's actually much better looking than the stock Deluxe version ...

Yep, I have the same problem, really love my modded ANH Vader. Ilforigno stills uses my pictures for his ebay sales. But I'm fairly certain HT will make this one look like a toy by direct comparison.

That said, I'm keeping the SS ANH Vader (modded) as a nostalgic piece I guess. Someday it will be fun to look at my Hurricane Vader (2005), Sideshow Vader (2009) and HT Vader (2015).

that looks wonderful. Really impressive. Perfect futzing.

Back