1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

It's no doubtedly a 2 pack exclusive. $&!t I'll probably get it!

I'm not sure about this. I'm really happy with Sideshow Old Ben, the two Sideshow Vaders are good enough and I own both and I don't care about slight inaccuracies.

Do I wanna spend $600 or do I keep the figures I have and buy something else? It's too soon to the last Vader release for my liking.

I'd much rather Hot Toys did something we don't have or something that Sideshow did a bad job on like Mace, Qui, Anakin, ANH Leia.

Saying all that, we won't see these figures for two years so maybe I'll want a new Obi and Vader by then?

i really want Ben. I do not need another Vader.
I worry though that the 'closed eyes' Ben head will be a 2 pack exclusive.

THIS is the one I have been waiting for. Instant buy!!!!

I'm not sure about this. I'm really happy with Sideshow Old Ben, the two Sideshow Vaders are good enough and I own both and I don't care about slight inaccuracies.

Do I wanna spend $600 or do I keep the figures I have and buy something else? It's too soon to the last Vader release for my liking.

I'd much rather Hot Toys did something we don't have or something that Sideshow did a bad job on like Mace, Qui, Anakin, ANH Leia.

Saying all that, we won't see these figures for two years so maybe I'll want a new Obi and Vader by then?

Seem to recall someone saying that HT won't be doing much at all from PT - just classic trilogy and new movies. But ANH Leia/Luke will be previewed very soon judging by how quickly we've jumped from Han/Chewy to Ben/Vader.

And you mean two years on Ben and Vader? I thought all of these new HT figures will be in-hand by the end of next year? If it follows the way Han/Chewy went, this will be up for PO pretty shortly and ship around Sept 2015.

What's bizarre is that HT Han, Chewy, Stormie, Ben and Vader will likely be in-hand before Sideshow's X-Wing Luke is, which I think is the first Sideshow figure to have a full year between P.O. and shipping (though nearly every recent SSC figure has been delayed at least 2 months so it might be 15 months in the end.)

i really want Ben. I do not need another Vader.
I worry though that the 'closed eyes' Ben head will be a 2 pack exclusive.

If it is, it's a WAY better ex than Han/Chewy's.

I suppose it makes sense to release this with Vader but it's not of interest to me.

I kit bashed an old Ben so this is an instant buy for me.

Eyes aren't close in that shot. Would be a nice extra to have though. I gotta say i didn't expect this tease so early. At the rate announcements are going, i'm not sure i'll have enough funds left in december to buy a ticket for The Force Awakens :gah:

Yep this is what I've been waiting for. A MUST HAVE!

Guess my fear of no old Ben was wrong. Now hoping for Lando!

Definitely getting old Kenobi, but will have to wait to see more detail on Vader because I am quite happy with Sideshow's latest version.

Happy with my Sideshow Vader and Ben, so probably pass on this one. Though I'll be interested in seeing how they turn out. Hopefully they will be getting to ANH Luke and Leia soon.

I trust these separate threads will be updated with the official specs and pics when they're out...as opposed to new threads being created. Otherwise 3 threads for one picture does seem rather excessive.

I trust these separate threads will be updated with the official specs and pics when they're out...as opposed to new threads being created. Otherwise 3 threads for one picture does seem rather excessive.

Don't forget YankeesFanboy standard poll threads. ;) :D

As tough as it's been to not PO any of the recently SSC figures, I'm glad I never caved! Finally my favorite SW character! :yess: all I need is ANH characters and I'll be good for SW license in 1/6. Now just need SS to finally give me an EP3 Obi wan PF and I'll be done with SW all together

Don't forget YankeesFanboy standard poll threads. ;) :D

benkenobi.jpg

Seriously.

Back