1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

Yeah, Old Ben has his eyes closed. I wasn't expecting to see Vader so soon. Im super excited to see what Vader looks like there.

As tough as it's been to not PO any of the recently SSC figures, I'm glad I never caved! Finally my favorite SW character! :yess: all I need is ANH characters and I'll be good for SW license in 1/6. Now just need SS to finally give me an EP3 Obi wan PF and I'll be done with SW all together

If they don't fix the Han Solo sculpt I might have to wait for the Empire Strikes Back figures, :monkey2 the wait would be killer but my bank account will be all like :blissy

If they don't fix the Han Solo sculpt I might have to wait for the Empire Strikes Back figures, :monkey2 the wait would be killer but my bank account will be all like :blissy

Haha I feel you man. The two packs are killer on the wallet. Luckily for me, the reward points from my PFs have started converting so I've RPs to use on these :D

Haha I feel you man. The two packs are killer on the wallet. Luckily for me, the reward points from my PFs have started converting so I've RPs to use on these :D

I just got back into this hobby :( I was saving mine for the Delorean, maybe I'll use the points for that towards the SW figures. Does SS have 1 year Flexpays?? :lol

You too?! Could you help me...pull the knife...from out of my back? :lol

mad-sorry.gif

:lol

Im excited to see more of these, but I dont know if I'll buy them. Ill buy some parts for sure. Its just too much for a guy like me. Im sure the people with deep pockets are overjoyed and will buy everything. I love my old Ben but I may pick up a sculpt, and certainly that nice looking robe! Vader, another part buy. I cant do another full Vader figure purchase even with all of SSCs inaccuracies. Ill be so happy when I'm done with 1/6 Star Wars.

Last edited:

Im excited to see more of these, but I dont know if I'll buy them. Ill buy some parts for sure. Its just too much for a guy like me. Im sure the people with deep pockets are overjoyed and will buy everything. I love my old Ben but I may pick up a sculpt, and certainly that nice looking robe! Vader, another part buy. I cant do another full Vader figure purchase even with all of SSCs inaccuracies. Ill be so happy when I'm done with 1/6 Star Wars.

Hot Toys set the bar too high, and maybe that had to do with all the nit picking of the old days from this forum. Its sad a american company like SS couldn't win the space race :(. Even the CNN video didn't give credit to SS :(

Too late. Bleeding out. Damage has already been done. Et tu, Henry? :lol

I'm surprised we haven't had a raft of, "Sculpt/proportions/clothing not accurate, helmet not dusty enough, cape/cloak sucks WILL NOT BUY!"

Wait for better pics, then we'll get the it doesn't look like Obi Wan but like someone else arguments :wink1:

Luke & Leia will presumably be shown together aswell. The chasm swing set-up. Having a good snog. Get in!

Is it me or do the sabers look like they have the cold cathode look to them at the tips.
I'd be really surprised if HT did CCFL sabres (plus in those photos the light is extending to the very end of the blade... not seeing the tell-tale CC tip that you mention). Their electronics are generally poorly made, so I could see HT CCFLs having all kinds of QC issues and just being a hassle for them to produce. They showed DX07 Luke with a lit sabre and as we know that was only to dress-up the photos. Personally I'm happy to buy CCFLs a la carte from customizers.

Im happy were getting what would seem to be two heads with Ben. So I'm assuming a neutral and eyes closed sculpt. I was really hoping for a smiling sculpt. Still, I'm a big old Ben fan so I'm looking forward to what HT has to offer.

Last edited:

Yeah, a second, closed eyes headsculpt is certainly iconic and I could definitely see displaying it that way. Hoping there are some nice exclusives in the set, along with an SSC one.

Last edited:
Back