1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

Curious to see this one, but as it's doubtful I'd want to spend $250 on it anyway I decided to finally pick up an old SS Obi-wan on ebay for $100 instead.

I could turn out to be wrong, but I just have a hard time imagining anyone ever topping Trevor's sculpt on that.

Good score for that price, congrats. Its a pretty nice figure, just sold mine for €170,-, but I always appreciated its quality.

Good score for that price, congrats. Its a pretty nice figure, just sold mine for €170,-, but I always appreciated its quality.

Yeah I was kinda surprised to get it that low, since I just saw two others in the box go for $160 or so. But I guess with the HT announcement everyone suddenly decided to wait and see what that one looks like first.

So... thanks HT! :)

Obviously the head will need to be repainted, and the outfit dirtied up a bit, but I'm hoping I won't need to make any other major adjustments.

Only other changes I'd suggest is swap out the body and hands... the newer HT hands (Mechanic Stark, Joe Colton, etc) are great for Kenobi, the extra detail on them make's them work really well. And just swapping out the body gives him better proportions.

Yup. I may swap my SS Ben for the HT once I see more pics.

Wow. Didn't expect these guys to turn up so soon.

Oh, so suddenly Commando's a bottom-drawer license?:rotfl

1448.gif

Ha ha ha your fast witty reply has ensured you won the Interwebs!

The Commando figure is more expensive due to Schwarzenegger's likeness rights,as well as Fox demanding more for it, in case you wanted to showcase your exemplary comedic skills citing the cheaper MMS238 as an example.

Yeah I was kinda surprised to get it that low, since I just saw two others in the box go for $160 or so. But I guess with the HT announcement everyone suddenly decided to wait and see what that one looks like first.

So... thanks HT! :)

Obviously the head will need to be repainted, and the outfit dirtied up a bit, but I'm hoping I won't need to make any other major adjustments.

Coo model standard body 9.8 " will work for a replacement body

Pics from the Toy Seoul con have surfaced on Facebook of obi wan, vader, the stormies, han and chewie and the shadow trooper.

As I mentioned in the Vader thread, I think Sir Alec Guiness' portrait need some tweaking. IMO the only things that make it better than the classic Sideshow 1/6 release are the sculpting of the hair and the paint.

15860782478_872fbebc0f_b.jpg

15425949154_ab3c1e796d_b.jpg

I really want to get a better look at the sculpt though. These aren't the best pics. I love the detail on it.

Its a good likeness, he just seems a little young. The robe looks great, one of the things I was most excited about is HT tailoring (although i don't expect them to get Vader's cape right, they're not good with capes :monkey3 )

Will Obi be available only in a set with Vader? I wish not since I only want him, I am good with SS Vader.
It would be really sneaky an unfair of HT to sell it only in a set with Vader.

I really want to get a better look at the sculpt though. These aren't the best pics. I love the detail on it.
The sculpt just looks young. The lighting is kinda washing out all the details but so far the sculpt doesn't really convey that tiresome and old look of Alec.

15428847603_85fafc9f3e_b.jpg

15862458609_1d9222bdd4_b.jpg

Back