1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded the disney star wars app. The soundboard works well enough but honestly it bored me after a couple mins. Probably why I am happy to enjoy this figure for what it is without testing most of the gadgets.

Got mine not to long ago. Sold my Sideshow ROTJ version. He was so worth it! Sound FX this is a little quirky having to reset it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well my Vader is off for return, very disappointed with the belt, can't believe SS is going to pay for me to return the whole figure instead of just sending me $1.00 leather belt. Now I will be waiting at least 2-3 weeks for him to be processed for a return, and another 2-3 weeks for a new one to be processed and shipped. Oh well.

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9823.jpg

Are you going to use it for one of the Sideshow Vaders? I'm still curious to see how they would look with a HT Vader head.

this is Chakaman's picture from the SSC Darth Vader Deluxe modification thread. I edited the light.

It will take a long time for the Hot Toys head to arrive to me, but I love how this looks.

image.jpg

Thanks for posting, parrasmaniac! Can't tell if there is some slight lens distortion going on, but looks good overall. Seems like an easy but significant upgrade to the SS.

yes. The helmet may be more black than the Sideshow overall feel. Also less glossy than the armor pieces and source material. And the body of SSC Vader may need to be bulkier in order to make for the bigger size of this helmet, but I think it can be a great upgrade too.

I may end up doing that--just getting the head to upgrade my ANH Sideshow Vader since I'm holding off for a HT ESB Vader. Now I just have to keep a very close eye on Toy Anxiety. I've already missed it twice. Ebay prices are preposterous! There's one now asking $240 for just the head!

Amazing pictures Matrix. Looks like a screen shot from the movie!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That sucks dude. Obviously easier to ship a replacement figure, certainly not cheaper.

It sure does. I just dropped him off at the UPS store, now he starts his slow journey back. I am going to wait for the refund before ordering him again. I figure I have at least a month's wait before I see Vader again. :impatient:

SSC hasn't even bothered responding to my request on a new belt. I am not gonna order thru them very often anymore.

Yeah, SSC has been a little screwy for me lately also.

For the last 2 out of 3 orders for me, they immediately deducted the money but never shipped the item until I called them after just under a week and inquired about it. They then shipped the next day.

this is Chakaman's picture from the SSC Darth Vader Deluxe modification thread. I edited the light.

It will take a long time for the Hot Toys head to arrive to me, but I love how this looks.

View attachment 236692
I love this as well. However, theres something "snuggly blankety or felt like" about the cape. Id love to see it with the HT cape.

Back