1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, SSC has been a little screwy for me lately also.

For the last 2 out of 3 orders for me, they immediately deducted the money but never shipped the item until I called them after just under a week and inquired about it. They then shipped the next day.

Apparently SS is offering free shipping on all in stock items but if you want to use it on Vader he is still a pre-order? Not sure why SS doesn't update their inventory more regularly as this figure is surely in stock. They do seem to play games with other manufacturer merchandise.

Does anyone know a good color match for the silver chest armor? Preferably in testor's acrylic since that's easy to come by locally

Edit: Read on a forum that someone used Dupli-Color/Gunmetal metallic Perfect Match paint for a costume, so might give that a try

Finally got this figure. Moved the belt and cod piece up which made a world of difference. Didn't bother with installing the batteries since I'll never use those features.

Picture taken with phone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452636137.204818.jpg

Gah! All of these photos and reviews that are coming out are so so tantalizing! Come one Sideshow ship me my Vader!!!

I don't know why I haven't taken the plunge on this guy yet. All the pics are awesome. Been waiting for him to be in stock instead still showing as pre-order. Plus I was hoping maybe a 2nd batch would have the electronics working better with the 15 min standby fixed or something. With my rewards he's only gonna cost me $30.. :yess: Soon I will have him, soon...:)

So would I be better off waiting for the inevitable ESB or ROTJ Vader to come out instead of this guy? I have him on PO throughbsideshow but the cost in CDN dollar and the issues a lot of people are having is a big turnoff.

I may end up doing that--just getting the head to upgrade my ANH Sideshow Vader since I'm holding off for a HT ESB Vader. Now I just have to keep a very close eye on Toy Anxiety. I've already missed it twice. Ebay prices are preposterous! There's one now asking $240 for just the head!

yeah I know that seller. just the head alone is almost the price for the hot toys vader figure it`s self

So would I be better off waiting for the inevitable ESB or ROTJ Vader to come out instead of this guy? I have him on PO throughbsideshow but the cost in CDN dollar and the issues a lot of people are having is a big turnoff.
You don't have any Canadian suppliers that have it for cheaper than Sideshow? I'm just buying locally now as the Aud is probably even worse than the Canadian dollar, but still I've bought this figure for what is equal to $265USD here. It would have cost me over $100Aud more to buy from Sideshow directly.

You don't have any Canadian suppliers that have it for cheaper than Sideshow? I'm just buying locally now as the Aud is probably even worse than the Canadian dollar, but still I've bought this figure for what is equal to $265USD here. It would have cost me over $100Aud more to buy from Sideshow directly.
I found one that's $60 cheaper but after shipping and GST, I'm basically saving $20 compared to sideshow.

I paid in CDN and it was expensive due to the exchange rate (which is getting worse!). Most CDN places I've found base their prices on SS. I bit the bullet on this as I'm afraid of the after market prices later.

Back