1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking now I might pick this up. Guess I need to experience it in person. If it doesn't suit me I can always return it.

It's very nice. I find Vader figures take a bit more time to enjoy than those with simpler outfits or troopers. More futzing required with the flowing cape, inner robe, etc.

It's very nice. I find Vader figures take a bit more time to enjoy than those with simpler outfits or troopers. More futzing required with the flowing cape, inner robe, etc.

Yeah. I guess because there seems to be more things "off" on Vader figures that have come out. Whether it's the height, or the dome, etc.
So far from images this looks pretty accurate, but I need to see it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efgq8MQ.jpg

Poor Star Lord

Vader is in the house. :rock
Really like the height difference between Darth and the tall Stormtrooper. And the scale of the two helmets as well. Both seem about right or close enough for me.
May put the droid away until I get Leia, but it's very nice.
5b3c12dfd860d625637438baf91548c1_zpsett3lw7c.jpg

Man that's what's up right there! Nice work!
Mao are the belt boxes glued on? I've been trying to follow the conversation, but am a little confused as to where the Velcro is?

I spent a few hours today, installing all the batteries, futzing and getting things looking right. Patience and time is the ticket. To get the belt boxes closer to the buckle, I trimmed a very small square pieces out of the male velcro on the back of the belt, this allowed for easy placement. To get the batteries in the light up belt boxes you simply place the first one in with the second half way and use the screw cover to press fit the final one into place, voila, perfect working order! I like the voice and breathing effects, pain in the ass to set up but to do it just once was enough to put a huge smile on my face. As stated many times before, I question hot toys engineers decisions on how this ended up--the necessity to undress the figure:slap, but the quality and overall shelf presence is mind blowing.

It's really incredible just how many people even notice the tusk difference... after having never noticed it before on their huge flatscreens.

The education of a new generation.

A lot of people probably don't even realize he wore the tunic on the outside in ANH and then under the armor after that. You'd have to either be very analytical or more than a "casual" fan. :lol

A lot of people probably don't even realize he wore the tunic on the outside in ANH and then under the armor after that. You'd have to either be very analytical or more than a "casual" fan. :lol

did they ever give an explanation to that, or did the wardrobe guy just screw up?

Back