1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main worry is: How will Chewy look once he's some years old? Do you guys foresee any problems like loosing his hair?

unless you "play with him" every other day, it shouldn't suffer too much from standing in one of your displays.

My main worry is: How will Chewy look once he's some years old? Do you guys foresee any problems like loosing his hair?

Depends if has male pattern baldness:) what does his maternal grandfather look like?

Honestly for some reason I could see Chewbacca as being one of those problem releases that gets delayed s bunch. Seems like all that rooted hair might be a pain to mass produce. I'm more excited for Chewie than Han though personally.

I don't think it's rooted, I think it's a simple fur suit, but I see your point. I'm also more excited for Chewie. :panic:

You people with pets -- cats and dogs -- they are gonna love Chewbacca. They will sit in front of your case for hours contemplating how to get at that creepy furry fellow.

I don't mind the wait. I wanna open a single big box of SW awesomeness and bury my face in that glorious cleavage.
tumblr_inline_n8rmt9MvTl1rf2m46.gif

What are you expecting?!? I don't know of any other figure like this so I can't imagine what those would be. Are people expecting him to moult or something?

I would think Chewy would be the most likely candidate for QC issues in some time.

Wow, never thought of that, let me see if I can cancel with BBTS and order through Sideshow. Unless a Sideshow Employee board member can tell us if there any defective parts/issues that they would help no matter where we bought them from?

BBTS actually has a great return policy, IIRC. Not sure where you're located but here in Canada returning with our distributors is generally more difficult or flat-out not possible.

Considering this is a Hot Toys release, not SSC, wouldn't dealing with Chewy QC issues with BBTS be the same as SSC?

I'd take what Sideshow says as gospel over a guy in asia with a camcorder.

Well, that "guy in asia with a camcorder" did just post something that has almost totally changed my mind about the HT Han... so maybe I have a little more respect for him.

Considering this is a Hot Toys release, not SSC, wouldn't dealing with Chewy QC issues with BBTS be the same as SSC?
Yep, I'm sure it would be similar. SSC has the advantage of providing Flexpay (don't technically need it, but I do prefer paying this stuff off methodically as opposed to lump sum), having reward points and possibly being HT's official NA distributor helps a bit, too. SSC's shipping to Canada might also be a bit less than BBTS, given the volume discounts they get. Lastly, there is always the chance that HT updates the two-pack with an SSC exclusive. Really no advantage to me buying from BBTS, aside from them not having an NRD (no chance I'm cancelling).

Yep, I'm sure it would be similar. SSC has the advantage of providing Flexpay (don't technically need it, but I do prefer paying this stuff off methodically as opposed to lump sum), having reward points and possibly being HT's official NA distributor helps a bit, too. SSC's shipping to Canada might also be a bit less than BBTS, given the volume discounts they get. Lastly, there is always the chance that HT updates the two-pack with an SSC exclusive. Really no advantage to me buying from BBTS, aside from them not having an NRD (no chance I'm cancelling).

I went with BBTS just in case Han didn't turn out so I could cancel with no NRD, though the new video of Han/Chewie has sort of changed my mind. Interested to see if SSC adds an extra exclusive, though you'd think they would have done it by now.

Yep, hope is definitely fading. I believe it had already been done at this stage of the pre-order with Rocket and Groot.

Yep, hope is definitely fading. I believe it had already been done at this stage of the pre-order with Rocket and Groot.

It would have just been manacles or something anyway.

But doesn't ordering the Han Solo singularly from SSC include the stormtrooper belt and blaster, but you only get that elsewhere when ordering the two-fig set? If so, that would make it sort of a SSC Exclusive in a way.

Back