1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, broke down and ordered the two pack from Sideshow. Wouldn't save a ton by ordering locally and if there are QC issues w/Chewie, I want to be able to deal direct w/SSC. I also half-expect that Sideshow will wrangle an exclusive out of HT, to differentiate their pack from everyone else's.

What are you expecting?!? I don't know of any other figure like this so I can't imagine what those would be. Are people expecting him to moult or something?

Could be 'glue' problems in the package -- hair getting stuck and pulling out upon removal. They're going to have to paper-wrap Chewie... like paper-wrap chicken. Yum.

I have not been this excited for a release before. The video shows what an incredible presence the Han / Chewie duo will have on display. In the video he says its coming Q3 2015? The Sideshow site says April 2015.

The figure is (sorry for the imperial measurements) but Chewy is 36 cm and that's without the display base. The Detolf height is 37.8 cm. That base sure does look taller tan 1.8 cm. The second figure that will have to bend his knees after my potential Groot figure...

What are you expecting?!? I don't know of any other figure like this so I can't imagine what those would be. Are people expecting him to moult or something?
I fully expect him to be fine, but since it's the first time he's been done like this (and the set's $480.00), I just like the peace of mind of dealing w/SSC direct. I tried to save a bit of money buying ED-209 locally, for example, and then the reports started coming in about the cracking rubber. Most distributors will not take returns, so saving a few bucks but possibly being stuck with a defective figure is not worth it to me.

Could be 'glue' problems in the package -- hair getting stuck and pulling out upon removal. They're going to have to paper-wrap Chewie... like paper-wrap chicken. Yum.

Wow, never thought of that, let me see if I can cancel with BBTS and order through Sideshow. Unless a Sideshow Employee board member can tell us if there any defective parts/issues that they would help no matter where we bought them from?

The figure is (sorry for the imperial measurements) but Chewy is 36 cm and that's without the display base. The Detolf height is 37.8 cm. That base sure does look taller tan 1.8 cm. The second figure that will have to bend his knees after my potential Groot figure...

Do not let Detolfs run your life. Buy raisers.

Wow, never thought of that, let me see if I can cancel with BBTS and order through Sideshow. Unless a Sideshow Employee board member can tell us if there any defective parts/issues that they would help no matter where we bought them from?
BBTS actually has a great return policy, IIRC. Not sure where you're located but here in Canada returning with our distributors is generally more difficult or flat-out not possible.

Black Dave is right.

:lol :lol

Sorry, GB. No PT dolls from Hot Toys. Please remove your Darth Maul and Anakin and Kenobi. Keep your Sideshow versions. They are properly distorted to represent what the PT Saga had to offer.

:lol So is that legit there will be no PT figures... I'm okay with that, but I find it very hard to believe HT would not cash-in on Maul.

My cancellation of the set on BBTS didn't go through for some reason... I currently have Chewy on order at SSC, plus the set at BBTS.

Could you actually use two Chewies? Do I really hate HT Han sculpt enough to re-cancel, when maybe they'll redo the sculpt, and I lose all the exclusive bits...

Jeez, this would have been so much easier if Han had just been great.:gah:

I will probably have two Chewbaccas, but I'll wait for one with the ROTJ looking hair... and pair him with either Jabba or carrying a C-3PO

I was actually looking forward to an HT Anakin/Darth Vader.
It would've been a nice set unto itself, but still:

648.gif

My retailers say it's June 30 - July 15 2015. Since that's the European release, it's going to be in the US on 15-30th of May.

Are HT used to postpone releases by a quarter? I could live with it if it means they are taking time to refine Han and Chewie. Funny how the guys in the video says Q3 release and then right on time for Christmas. Better say Q4 and be done with it :lol

Honestly for some reason I could see Chewbacca as being one of those problem releases that gets delayed s bunch. Seems like all that rooted hair might be a pain to mass produce. I'm more excited for Chewie than Han though personally.

Back