1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Wiebba-Wiebba lacks in quality she makes up for in quantity.:lol

dog-puke.gif

Well, that "guy in asia with a camcorder" did just post something that has almost totally changed my mind about the HT Han... so maybe I have a little more respect for him.

So? That guy took and shared a great video, but I don't think that lends him credibility as any kind of authority.

So congrats that your confidence can be so cheaply bought, I guess? :dunno

Last edited:
Looking at the photo proportions, I can see that Chewy's torso and neck should both be a bit longer. Adding a half inch to the torso and 3/16" to the neck would bring his height up to about 15 inches where it should be. I think the length of the fur would conceal the added splices nicely, with some matching hobby fur added to those sections as well.
I agree with whomever commented about the bandolier being too short; the bag should hang lower on Chewy's thigh. This too would be an easy fix, by adding one or two ammo boxes to the rear of the belt, with some extra belt length added of course.
Maybe a bit of facial tweaking is in order, not difficult if done carefully from photo references.

The really important mod I will do, is to make custom mouth pieces which attach with small magnets. One open growling, and one with lips fully closed. Again, the fur should hide the seams easily. The nerve-racking part will be actually CUTTING the existing jaw out of the head...

The guy from Hong Kong is called Budget Stark and he sells collectibles to the European market from Hong Kong . He deals directly with the HT Secret Base shop in Hong Kong. I'm not saying he is 100% correct but I reckon he would have a contact in the shop at least. I would give his comments some credibility.

Sent from atop my Dewback.

The guy from Hong Kong is called Budget Stark and he sells collectibles to the European market from Hong Kong . He deals directly with the HT Secret Base shop in Hong Kong. I'm not saying he is 100% correct but I reckon he would have a contact in the shop at least. I would give his comments some credibility.

Sent from atop my Dewback.

Being a shop owner lends him some credibility, I agree. Thank you for clarifying that. :)

Re: Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

It's a very ambitious figure. I'll give HT credit for trying, but I honestly don't think it looks great. It looks ok, but not like Chewbacca, maybe one of his cousins from the Christmas special :lol

You need your eyes checked bro. Look at hasbro chewie and then look at ht's chewie. Some of you guys are ridiculous in your expectations.

My main worry is: How will Chewy look once he's some years old? Do you guys foresee any problems like loosing his hair?

The HT Apes have hair and they're going strong, admittedly this is whole other monster. :lol But how many years do you expect any of this stuff to last. Not forever for certain. These rubber Batman figures won't last forever. I'd like them to, but it ain't happening. That won't stop we from buying them. It Keaton fell apart after 10 year then the price of $227 for 10 years of enjoyment was worth it.

Looking at the photo proportions, I can see that Chewy's torso and neck should both be a bit longer. Adding a half inch to the torso and 3/16" to the neck would bring his height up to about 15 inches where it should be. I think the length of the fur would conceal the added splices nicely, with some matching hobby fur added to those sections as well.

I agree with your assessment. Did you see someones PS treatment of Chewy? They heightened his neck and it looked really good. They need to shorten that forehead and put it in the neck/torso area. :lol

Re: Hot Toys Chewbacca . . that is all

I think i may see problem that people are complaining about. mostly is is the color in the fur it needs to be darker is some area's the neck needs to be slightly longer and shadding around eye area,mustach and cowlick area and bits around neck . if they widen area around eye just a smudge to allow one to see the eyes more clearly then boom he is a masterpiece. lastly put him on a diet to loose a few stones and he will be slim enough
161430__chew_l.jpg
hot-toys-mms262-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-chewbacca.jpg
StarWarsIV_126Pyxurz.jpg
chewbacca.jpg
308.JPG (museum pic)

Attachments

• StarWarsIV_126Pyxurz.jpg
    StarWarsIV_126Pyxurz.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Yeah they nailed the darker fur on the body, so confident that the head sculpt is a wip; others have said as much.....its close. Love how Chewie is among the first to be done in this HT line; what a giant middle finger to SSC

On an unrelated note, he is a link to my ebay auction; trying to sell a kidney to pay for all the HTness coming out way

www.ebay/mattkidney/onlynewone.com

Last edited:
Lightening up the fur around the eyes and cheeks would certainly help the likeness.

Yeah, I think its only the lack of the black hair on the head really throwing this off. A relatively simple fix I imagine. It wouldn't even be a new sculpt after all. Considering I never expected to see this figure down, or at least not anytime soon, I'm beyond thrilled with it as is.

And I can't really give Sideshow a hard time about this. I think HT is going to struggle with this in production as it is. They have a first hand contact with the factory whereas Sideshow doesn't have that luxury. But you have to give Sideshow credit. They pulled of General Grievous, Battle Droids, R2 and 3PO, etc. They've really push themselves since the days of the Buck Body. I don't see why these HT figures won't be able to play nice with the new Sideshow ones. Unfortunately, many of their earlier figures are in need of a HT redo.

Back