1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delays are why I ordered separate figures. If Chewie gets delayed, the set gets delayed.
That's a good point. I ordered to avoid the nonrefundable deposit and also I just didn't think the exclusive to the set was really worth it (I'm happier with Han's Storm Trooper belt and blaster exclusive). I bet Han stays on course and releases around the time he's estimated for. Hopefully Chewbacca doesn't get delayed too much but I definitely won't be surprised if he does.

My main worry is: How will Chewy look once he's some years old? Do you guys foresee any problems like loosing his hair?
I'm sure he'll naturally lose some strands on occasion but I think if you don't mess with it or put it in extreme poses for too long that it should hold up. Who knows though really as this is kind of a one of a kind item and I don't believe something quite like it has been attempted (other than the Apes but they don't have as long of fur/hair).

Just a reminder:

HOT TOYS HAN SOLO AND CHEWBACCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, amongst the complaints, which are generally warranted, it's easy to lose sight of this. A "haired" Chewbacca in this scale was always something folks speculated HT could take on, but it always felt like a pipe dream to me. This is pretty awesome.

I'm waiting for the first unboxing video (like that silent guy from Asia with his kitchen table, that treats everything roughly :lol) - to see that half the fur is still in the box after you pull the figure out.

It just needs to be said. This board can really piss and moan about stuff, aware that they will most likely be revised before release, yet tear apart GRAIL figures and make fun of the effort put into them. Be grateful you sons of bitches!

I'm waiting for the first unboxing video (like that silent guy from Asia with his kitchen table, that treats everything roughly :lol) - to see that half the fur is still in the box after you pull the figure out.

Not why folk are worried about fur coming off? It's just long furred toy fabric? Like cheap teddy bears and plush toys are made from? Toys from the 60's are still perfect. It's not rooted fur or anything just plush a plush fabric suit.

The hair is the last this to be fixed for me. Fix that giant forehead, the cavernous eyes, and give him a bit more length in the neck and torso.

Regardless, I'm still buying. :lol

Not why folk are worried about fur coming off? It's just long furred toy fabric? Like cheap teddy bears and plush toys are made from? Toys from the 60's are still perfect. It's not rooted fur or anything just plush a plush fabric suit.
I think vintij is praying for a disaster. :lol

I'm pretty sure the pics were seeing is what HT could get done in time for a press release. The head is without doubt going to need shading and highlights anyone can see that. If not it will be a quick fix for that cost. That's bloody cheep for what they could be charging us too so button your cake holes any major overhauls and we will get a boost in price

Re: Hot Toys Chewbacca . . that is all

I think i may see problem that people are complaining about. mostly is is the color in the fur it needs to be darker is some area's the neck needs to be slightly longer and shadding around eye area,mustach and cowlick area and bits around neck . if they widen area around eye just a smudge to allow one to see the eyes more clearly then boom he is a masterpiece. lastly put him on a diet to loose a few stones and he will be slim enough
View attachment 136230
View attachment 136231

Quick and dirty Photoshop with a big of darker hair added.

chewie revised.jpg

I'm pretty sure the pics were seeing is what HT could get done in time for a press release. The head is without doubt going to need shading and highlights anyone can see that. If not it will be a quick fix for that cost. That's bloody cheep for what they could be charging us too so button your cake holes any major overhauls and we will get a boost in price

Yeah I always figured if we got a Chewbacca at all that he'd either just have sculpted fur or if he had fur that he'd be crazy expensive. I was pleasantly surprised by the cost of Chewie.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll be getting some tweaks to both, too. Really I quite like Han, as-is. It's more Chewie I want modified to bring a bit more of his personality out (and man, I'd kill for a roaring sculpt). At the moment he looks like a generic Wookie to me, but it's early days. Really amped for this set, regardless, though. They just scream Star Wars.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll be getting some tweaks to both, too. Really I quite like Han, as-is. It's more Chewie I want modified to bring a bit more of his personality out (and man, I'd kill for a roaring sculpt). At the moment he looks like a generic Wookie to me, but it's early days. Really amped for this set, regardless, though. They just scream Star Wars.

I actually prefer the Han to the Chewie at this point as well. The fur looks great, but as another member, I think it was groovy, said, he could be a little thinner in the body and the face needs tweaking. But it's a start and it looks promising. And when HT wants to knock us on our duffs, it's more than capable of doing so.

Im actually anticipating Chewy more for some reason. Which is weird because I have a 'thing' against bothering with real hair on figures. They're both bought though.

I wonder, does the set mean a "two pack" of sorts? Like a massive box with both figures or does it simply mean you just get the two figures in their respective boxes for the $5 discount plus the special accessory?

Back