1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chewy
a4838546d50174e585da60b63148a223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received my two-pack today from SSC. Really, really impressed with this set. I think that Chewie's face/eyes aren't perfect, but man, overall I think these two look great together. Han's updated face sculpt looks great in person. This may have swayed me into pre-ordering ANH Obi-Wan & Luke…

View attachment 209502

Lighting notwithstanding, that really looks GREAT!

I'm still undecided on what Han I want to buy to go with Chewie. Even though people have said the Hot Toys Han looks great in person, I'm still a bit unsure about the headsculpt on him. It doesn't seem quite right to me for some reason. I was leaning towards getting Hoth Han from Sideshow since I like the Hoth gear, but at the same time the Hot Toys Han might look better with Chewie. I have a $25 off coupon I can use towards Hoth Han, but it won't work for the Hot Toys version. Choices, choices...

I'm still undecided on what Han I want to buy to go with Chewie. Even though people have said the Hot Toys Han looks great in person, I'm still a bit unsure about the headsculpt on him. It doesn't seem quite right to me for some reason. I was leaning towards getting Hoth Han from Sideshow since I like the Hoth gear, but at the same time the Hot Toys Han might look better with Chewie. I have a $25 off coupon I can use towards Hoth Han, but it won't work for the Hot Toys version. Choices, choices...

Go with SS. With the coupon, you're saving money already. IF (and it's a big if) you are willing to part with "unnecessary" things, the extra head, Bespin jacket, and Bespin shirt could conceivably get you back another $80-$90 dollars. Nets it down to a pretty good deal.

The HT Han is really starting to grow on me, but unfortunately Chewie seems to look best when futzed into his ESB or ROTJ self, which just doesn't fit as well with that Han in my opinion. Which is the main reason I'm holding back on getting him at the moment.

Not to mention that I've already got a Hoth and Bespin Han on my shelf, and am not sure if I really need a third...

I must be way down the SSC list, the last notice I received for the two pack said it was moved up after it had been moved back...and that notice was early in the summer...if they are already shipping some people and putting others on notice...

I'm pretty far down as well, I guess. I've heard nothing since I placed my initial order on September 26. Yup, almost 1 year and not a peep. The wait is killing me.

Which is the main reason I'm holding back on getting him at the moment.

Just display Han solo (note the lowercase "s") at the back of the Falcon cockpit. ;) That's what I plan to do.*

* using a high-res photo of the back of the cockpit as a backdrop.

They both look really good. My first impression was that Chewie was hideous out of the box but he's good. The eyes are a little wonky and the muzzle sticks out, as has been said before. I give them solid 8/10.

I'm pretty far down as well, I guess. I've heard nothing since I placed my initial order on September 26. Yup, almost 1 year and not a peep. The wait is killing me.

I must be way down the SSC list, the last notice I received for the two pack said it was moved up after it had been moved back...and that notice was early in the summer...if they are already shipping some people and putting others on notice...

Are you guys flex pay? I think so far only some flex payers have gotten the set.

Did anyone think we'd ever get a 1/6 Chewie with real fur? This is a glorious age for 1/6 Star Wars!!!!

I did have a pretty big smile when pulled him out of the box. Last time i owned a Chewie was over 30 years ago and it was nothing like this. No it's not perfect but it's still pretty damn awesome.

Han is home! Heads up if you got the Exclusive Edition or the two-pack: check Han's stormtrooper belt. Mine had to be re-glued at the magnet that holds the strap.
e1733466ae19c3f15e3812effa2c845c.jpg
1fb467de85358dbd590709f153a933d4.jpg
b947802bd600119619d5c85dd5b004df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back