1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awful.

Seriously, people think that looks good enough? I don't get it. I know it's Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon and there's a Hot Toys logo on the bottom left hand corner, but, I dunno. Standards.

Those boots, this massive hands, the "clearly 1/6" doll clothes, the portrait, dat forearm! Can something that off really be whiney nit picking? Hnnnnggg. It's not Doctor Jones bad, but atleast we got some cool goodies with DX 05!

Yeah, I noticed the boots as soon as I posted the pics :lol I don't know what it is about the sculpt, but there always something that doesn't look right. DX5 looks better in hand, imo...but it could be a lot better too. Yet, somehow the Mandarin's likeness is 100% :lol

Too bulky for ANH Solo. Jaw is too wide, Hair is off. Poor mans Ford. Reminds me of the scene in Spaceballs where they capture the stunt doubles. HANK Solo indeed. Hope this gets tweaked. The Star Wars Black six inch looks more like Han at this point. I think Chewie is kinda amazing though.

han.jpg

I'm not getting this figure but I have to say that it is an awesome one.... Amazing likeness in my opinion.
The best likeness of Solo and Harrison Ford yet.

Should have let Yulli have a crack at him.

A few pages back I posted a photo of Yulli working on the sculpt. She was painting it with JC Hong. I don't think she can do a better job to be honest. Six years later, and seven sculpts later, she's still trying to get the TDK Joker to look right....she's persistent, I'll give her that :lol

I think I have to agree with the consensus here. It's a pretty decent likeness... but unfortunately still not close enough for me to spend $250 on it.

It's almost like they made him TOO generically handsome, and need to exaggerate some of his features a bit more.

Awful.

Seriously, people think that looks good enough? I don't get it. I know it's Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon and there's a Hot Toys logo on the bottom left hand corner, but, I dunno. Standards.

Those boots, the massive hands, the "clearly 1/6" doll clothes, the portrait, dat forearm! Can something that off really be whiney nit picking? Hnnnnggg. It's not Doctor Jones bad, but atleast we got some cool goodies with DX 05!

Woah, really? Hands definitely look big, maybe a bit too puffy in the upper body, headsculpt is Fordesque rather than bang-on....but to be honest if that's as crap as you suggest then we haven't had a single decent T-800 figure yet from Hot Toys. Likenesses, proportions and clothes have been just as variable in accuracy on those as on this.

The HS isn't incredible, but it isn't awful either. Even if HT doesn't make any changes, I can live with it.

If you don't like the New Hope version, you can always opt for the two or more Hans that will be coming eventually.

Woah, really? Hands definitely look big, maybe a bit too puffy in the upper body, headsculpt is Fordesque rather than bang-on....but to be honest if that's as crap as you suggest then we haven't had a single decent T-800 figure yet from Hot Toys.

DX 13?

It's almost like they made him TOO generically handsome, and need to exaggerate some of his features a bit more.
Exactly what I was thinking looking at that last comparison pic. Same with Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its better than the Indy sculpt and I'm sure over the years we'll be seeing at least three more Hans if they go one per movie. I expect more DX Star Wars figs down the line as well.

Face too wide, hairline is wrong, sculpting of the hair itself is poor, turning his head opens up gaps in the neck, BD chest and knee are inaccurate, jacket is an awkward fit, pants overly torn at the knee. It's a great figure but it has it's issues nonetheless. This Han figure having issues only makes it consistent with the other stuff HT puts out. And I wouldn't say that the issues it does have are comparatively worse than the above issues with DX13.

Last edited:
I have to somewhat agree with DiFabio here. I see Tom Wopat in the sculpt though. :lol Its the best Han I've seen so far but it ain't great.

Back