1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it may have been discussed. Is there an advantage to ordering the set over ordering separately other than saving $3??? It looks like the exclusive stormtrooper belt and blaster rifle are the same for Han and the set.

I preordered both with the hope Chewy looks better to me come production. I'm sure, like others said, we'll get more versions. "DX" series etc.

PD141153775932Q.jpg

There's a Han Solo custom project on the board that must be really ticked off right now.

But not as much as that guy who bought a custom Chewbacca last night.

Just realizing that?

It's Hank Solo. Hank. And he looks just like Hank.

Now Han... HT hasn't done him yet.

I did initially but the sneak attack announcement had me wearing my hype goggles. I was lying to myself

Now that DiFabio said Chevy Chase I kind of see that too :lol:lol

Damn. I hope they do something

Ford is the most difficult actor ever to be sculpted into a toy- many many have tried....

I consider this one a good effort though

Ford is the most difficult actor ever to be sculpted into a toy- many many have tried....

I consider this one a good effort though

We're sure to see at least several hundred more of these comments too. Not picking on you, I'm guilty of it too, I said something similar earlier in the thread.

I would not expect a change in the sculpt here.

I just ordered the two pack at BBTS... then cancelled it... then ordered Chewy alone at SSC. I don't need another (largely unaltered) MG34 rifle as Chewy exclusive - I think I have two lying around as it is.

And I decided this is the "wait for V2" Han, and I need the "tick off the list" Han. At this point, the likeness just isn't there. I will revisit after in-hand pics are up, this will be big numbers so should be still available somewhere by then.

If they don't fix it (which they won't) this will become HT Indy - where people who have bought it learn to love the sculpt (and "see" HF in certain angles/lighting) while others attempt to tweak it to help improve the likeness. HT Indy was a miss for me, and HT Han looks - at this point - to be the same. A strange, sad realization after all the excitement of the announcement.

Chewy's minor issues are to me more about the way the fur sits - thickness around face/eyes, how it hangs, etc. Regardless, it is the biggest breakthrough in 1/6 in a great many years. It's figure most said couldn't be done.

Not too familiar with HT exclusives. Do they usually sell out fast? How long will this 2-pack be available?

Not too familiar with HT exclusives. Do they usually sell out fast? How long will this 2-pack be available?

Almost certain it will sell out. Unless the made a ****ton like the did with EP5 Luke.

BBTS is they way to go with no NRD. (they got 24 left)

Last edited:

Awful.

Seriously, people think that looks good enough? I don't get it. I know it's Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon and there's a Hot Toys logo on the bottom left hand corner, but, I dunno. Standards.

Those boots, the massive hands, the "clearly 1/6" doll clothes, the portrait, dat forearm! Can something that off really be whiney nit picking? Hnnnnggg. It's not Doctor Jones bad, but atleast we got some cool goodies with DX 05!

Now that DiFabio said Chevy Chase I kind of see that too :lol:lol

:lol

Sorry man, didn't mean to break that spell.

Last edited:
Back