1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*strokes chin* stylised Endoskeleton ehh? Even I've never said that. Hardcore man!

:lol Well, it's true. In the film the endoskeleton looked like it was on top of Arnold's face/skin, like makeup. The HT figure on the other hand, it looks perfect, like there is really a robot under the skin, basically it looks better than the makeup from the film.

The endoskeleton looks perfectly symmetrical with the bone structure, like there's really a robot under the skin. I think EB got the makeup look better, but it is a larger figure.

PD141153775932Q.jpg

You know there might even be a hint of Christian Bale in there. Nolan's trilogy is over HT. Let it go.... :lol

:lol Well, it's true. In the film the endoskeleton looked like it was on top of Arnold's face/skin, like makeup. The HT figure on the other hand, it looks perfect, like there is really a robot under the skin, basically it looks better than the makeup from the film.

The endoskeleton looks perfectly symmetrical with the bone structure, like there's really a robot under the skin. I think EB got the makeup look better, but it is a larger figure.

Ah, I thought you were saying that the details of the endoskeleton parts are themselves stylised, not explicitly based on the movie....which wouldn't be surprising for HT, they operate on their own initiative for some things that I don't think they should.
But I can understand why they didn't want their figure looking like it was prosthetics on top of the face. You're right though, EB did a better job of getting the right balance between looking like the movie make-up but not looking ridiculous.

Actually his graphic has me seeing the likeness more than I did before.

Yeah but when you have to search for the likeness surely something is amiss.
On the other hand there are HT sculpts where you have to search for the flaws, like that Mandarin I bet.

He looks like the unholy love child of Peter Weller and Genghis Khan. Nah, I'm just kidding. Han looks cool.

I see Jesse Eissenberg in the face as well. So that's what 50 actors that are NOT Harrison Ford? :lol But I don't care, its an awesome looking Han and absolutely the best ANH Han we've ever seen bar none.

Just placed my order for Han EX. Didn't think it was necessary to get the 2 pack. Just placed the orders separate. So stoked for this and Chewie! Both going to be great.

I get what you mean and agree for the most part. Bottom line is none of these are unadulterated perfection but I think that the DX13 comes waaaay closer to the mark then this does.

Plus this isn't just another "hot right now" property that HT has become mostly used to. This is probably the most timeless set of iconic characters they have ever produced. If the best company in the biz is going to reveal 2 of the most anticipated characters that are going to fill a major void in the collecting world, they shouldn't leave the drawing board until they're 1000% sure it'll live up to the fan's high expectations.

Well said.

has to be one the worst likenesses I've seen right off the bat, going to hold off on this one until we have final production pics. I may change my mind though considering there's no risk of NRD

Back