1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Face too wide, hairline is wrong, sculpting of the hair itself is poor, turning his head opens up gaps in the neck, BD chest and knee are inaccurate, jacket is an awkward fit, pants overly torn at the knee. It's a great figure but it has it's issues nonetheless. This Han figure having issues only makes it consistent with the other stuff HT puts out. And I wouldn't say that the issues it does have are comparatively worse than the above issues with DX13.

You set him up, a-dev hits it out.

gibson.gif

Damn it, I was hoping for illustrations too a-dev. You failed me for the last time.

Face too wide, hairline is wrong, sculpting of the hair itself is poor, turning his head opens up gaps in the neck, BD chest and knee are inaccurate, jacket is an awkward fit, pants overly torn at the knee. It's a great figure but it has it's issues nonetheless. This Han figure having issues only makes it consistent with the other stuff HT puts out. And I wouldn't say that the issues it does have are comparatively worse than the above issues with DX13.

Not to mention, too much blood on the BD face, and the endoskeleton face is stylized, unlike the EB t 800.

Almost certain it will sell out. Unless the made a ****ton like the did with EP5 Luke.

BBTS is they way to go with no NRD. (they got 24 left)

Was gonna avoid Sideshow direct anyway as Fedex makes it far too expensive with all their processing fees for overseas customers. BBTS sounds like a great option but i usually go thru Secret Compass when buying from a US (r)etailer.

Folks may be thinking about this, but you get about $25 in Rewards Points ordering through SSC. If you wait until it is eligible for one of the $20 coupons, you'll get nearly $50 off when all is said and done.

Wait, since when has Sideshow given rewards points for purchases made with coupon codes? Every time I've used points or codes I don't get any rewards.

Since February of this year, retroactive back to about January 5th.

Folks may be thinking about this, but you get about $25 in Rewards Points ordering through SSC. If you wait until it is eligible for one of the $20 coupons, you'll get nearly $50 off when all is said and done.

Wait, since when has Sideshow given rewards points for purchases made with coupon codes? Every time I've used points or codes I don't get any rewards.

Damn, are there any other threads where I'll have to reply to this? ;) February 2014, retroactive to purchases from January 5th or so.

It's been in effect since early this year. If you purchase anything with RP or coupon codes, you get RP for whatever amount you ended up actually paying.

Since February of this year, retroactive back to about January 5th.

Damn, I used codes for the 60s Batman and Robin and didn't get squat. Might have preordered before January though, can't remember.

Good to hear, I'll be taking advantage of this in the future. I always hated how they took it away from you.

Woah, really? Hands definitely look big, maybe a bit too puffy in the upper body, headsculpt is Fordesque rather than bang-on....but to be honest if that's as crap as you suggest then we haven't had a single decent T-800 figure yet from Hot Toys. Likenesses, proportions and clothes have been just as variable in accuracy on those as on this.

I get what you mean and agree for the most part. Bottom line is none of these are unadulterated perfection but I think that the DX13 comes waaaay closer to the mark then this does.

Plus this isn't just another "hot right now" property that HT has become mostly used to. This is probably the most timeless set of iconic characters they have ever produced. If the best company in the biz is going to reveal 2 of the most anticipated characters that are going to fill a major void in the collecting world, they shouldn't leave the drawing board until they're 1000% sure it'll live up to the fan's high expectations.

Damn, I used codes for the 60s Batman and Robin and didn't get squat. Might have preordered before January though, can't remember.

Good to hear, I'll be taking advantage of this in the future. I always hated how they took it away from you.
Yeah, I ended up getting T-800 with a $20 off coupon AND triple rewards. Deal of the year.

I had to pre-order Han and Chewie... I will need to get a second job if more SW figures are announced for next year, I already have way too many POs

Back