1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han looks awesome! Likeness is one of the best yet, though it lacks expression. Kinda looks too neutral and doesn't really show his personality. I do think this would make a great modified Indy though. Also something about the shape of the hair that doesn't sit right. The build of the body and neck also look a little too pumped for Solo who is quite skinny. Setting that aside the clothing and accessories are just fantastic! Jeez I look at this and think back to that Sideshow version I used to own *shudders* are Sideshow releasing this? Can't see their logo anywhere.

I hope this will be cheaper then there other figure that was released with a "Sideshow" middle man.

I don't buy this as Harrison Ford at all, to me it looks like Jim Morrison. You have to get past the "WOOOOOAHHH Hot Toys Han Solo!!!!!" thing and really look at it. HT are not God, despite having almost as many devout followers that revere them no matter what they do. They know this will sell, so, like Indy, they are unlikely to change a single thing before release. All they will do is sit back and watch the pre-orders come rolling in.

If you want a definitive ANH Han go and look at Beastmaster's. Use his head, HT's gear and body and you'd really have something.

So, does the headset hint at a future cockpit display option, or maybe a gun-station from the Falcon... either way you can colour me happy!

Han looks awesome! Likeness is one of the best yet, though it lacks expression. Kinda looks too neutral and doesn't really show his personality.

Even though I love this figure (more OT please HT!), I agree that the expression is too neutral. A smirk would be more classic Han! Still, kudos to HT for revealing the two figures at once.

Ford is a tough guy to sculpt. It already looks good, if it's improved, I'd be a very happy chappy.

I have to get Han, but I don't know about Chewie yet. When's Han going up for PO?

I'm glad to see HT do Han, but I don't think they captured the spirit of New Hope Han at all. He's too intense. There's zero sarcastic charm in this sculpt. It looks like Ford, but doesn't feel like Han. Maybe more mature Jedi Han, or maybe, maybe Empire Han, but definitely not New Hope Han.

Excellent likeness to Mark Ruffalo. I didn't know he was in A New Hope.

Jokes aside, the figure is excellent, but likeness is a fail. Of course you only need an extra 100 for a custom painted head. But for a figure that will cost around 250 I would have expected a perfect Han Solo head, even two.

Back