1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone think it would be possible to make a custom of this version with the Civil War metal arm? Is removing the arm possible at all? My ideal version of Bucky would be with Civil War sculpt and metal arm obv.

Anyone think it would be possible to make a custom of this version with the Civil War metal arm? Is removing the arm possible at all? My ideal version of Bucky would be with Civil War sculpt and metal arm obv.

It's been a while since I looked under all the clothing, but I'm pretty sure you have to take the whole body apart to remove the metal arm (it's like removing the arms of any regular figure). Unless the CW and WS body types are vastly different, your best bet would be to just use the CW body instead of trying to detach/attach the metal arms.

It's been a while since I looked under all the clothing, but I'm pretty sure you have to take the whole body apart to remove the metal arm (it's like removing the arms of any regular figure). Unless the CW and WS body types are vastly different, your best bet would be to just use the CW body instead of trying to detach/attach the metal arms.

Makes sense, thanks. I've never removed clothing from my figure before. Has anyone removed this outfit before? Is it easy, any pointers?

Makes sense, thanks. I've never removed clothing from my figure before. Has anyone removed this outfit before? Is it easy, any pointers?

I did it once or twice, and it was pretty straightforward.

First, take off the head, hands, boots, and pants. Next, you'll need to cut a thread under one of the armpits to detach the shoulder harness from the vest. After that's off, the clothing comes off fairly easily- there's the vest (which opens like a jacket), then a one-armed shirt underneath. Do be careful with the vest because those little black buttons will want to fall off. And whenever you're taking clothing off the torso, it's best to pull the arms up/back (like how you'd take off a shirt) so that you don't stretch or rip anything.

There's also a black padded suit covering the torso, but I have a feeling that the CW figure will also have a padded body, so you'll probably want to leave that padded suit on.

I had a problem with the neck on mine. So I had to get a new body. The original one had a better shine on the arm and was thinking after switching bodies of putting the original one;s arm back on the new body. I have taken the fat suit off and no way can those arms be swapped. Looks complex in there.

Preordered Civl War Bucky, thank you guys :clap C1V1LWAR worked on the order, gave one more reason to order.

i had the small strap on his right arm come off after i un-boxed mine thinks it was via when i was switchin out hands. i used a pleather/vinyl specialty glue, will look for it. but its held up and its def got some pull on it, been impressed with it not comin off again.

avoid superglue i think cuz it will kinda eat away at the pleather.

My first Hot Toys figure ever, think I'm in love with it.

image.jpg

Congrats, Virani, on both your first post and your first HT figure. You have chosen a pretty great one. :hi5:

Thanks!
I'm really impressed by this figure (and a bit underwhelmed by my picture).
Now only to decide which is next and would look good next to this one. :)

Congrats Virani!! :hi5: And Welcome! :D Winter was my first figure too, he's a great start to a collection!

As for which is next, depending on your collection choices, you can't go wrong with having a Cap with Winter :3 Not that I can talk, I don't have one yet :lol

hey guys, if I want to buy 1 bucky figure, do you recommend I buy the winter soldier or the one from civil war?

hey guys, if I want to buy 1 bucky figure, do you recommend I buy the winter soldier or the one from civil war?

Depends on what you look for in a figure :) Winter is great, comes with tons of accessories, while Bucky is pretty bare. It depends on your collection too I think.

Congrats Virani!! :hi5: And Welcome! :D Winter was my first figure too, he's a great start to a collection!

As for which is next, depending on your collection choices, you can't go wrong with having a Cap with Winter :3 Not that I can talk, I don't have one yet :lol

Thanks! There will definitely be a Cap, but I haven't figured out yet which one.. I like the Strike suit from TWS, the magnets from AOU and the actual suit from CW..

@Chengda, I really wanted the mask so that's why I decided to get this one. And I think this one has more toys :)

Thanks! There will definitely be a Cap, but I haven't figured out yet which one.. I like the Strike suit from TWS, the magnets from AOU and the actual suit from CW..

If you want them to match up, get Strike suit Cap :) Otherwise if you don't mind, CW Cap's suit is similar to AoU Cap, just without the magnets, I believe.

Well... Don't get the Strike Suit. It has horrible articulation above the waist due to the fat suit underneath and the way the suit itself was made. You'll be disappointed with it if you compare it to your winter soldier.

Now AoU has been such a better upgrade and the Civil War version looks to be the best ever done so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back