1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's super easy, all I did was dry brush black on with a wide brush (about 1/2" wide) in an outward pattern from the center. Then sprayed it with matte sealant to take away the shine.

If you don't know what dry brushing is, you basically dip your brush into the paint, and then wipe off almost all of the paint on a paper towel so there is hardly any left. Then lightly brush on the shield. Just be patient and take your time, only took me 10 minutes to do this.

I really need someone to help me do that BD on my spare electroplate shield (or step-by-step instructions, :lol).
Looks awesome, Shawn! :clap We need to get you a kid-size figure body to slap Star-Lord's head on and you can recreate Hooked on a Feeling lip-sync 1/6 scale version :lol

LOL the good news is that lip sync video won me a prize on Twitter. Bad news is, it's the Sideshow Superman figure that everyone hates so much.

But, if I had a miniaturized Star Lord figure, then I'd have to make a James Gunn 1/6 figure to go with it. ;)

james gunn with gavin 2.jpg

Thanks. It's too bad you can't see my Son's face in the photo. But the cool thing is that photo has been used as the header image in countless news articles about Guardians of the Galaxy, like this one.

James Gunn Talks

Haha, interesting, I think I've seen a similar picture (or same one) from a different site. That's awesome! :hi5:
I think I'm liking the masked sculpt a bit more.... :yess:

760865be30c40652186682ca6df884e8.jpg

baf9822d3d65a754ddd09900d754a68b.jpg

Im using the masked sculpt also, just not without the goggles. Id probably use the unmasked one if it didn't have the paint around the eyes.

Hey guys just got this from my beautiful wife this christmas and i cant believe how great this figure turned out. The detail on him is amazing. All the accessories and extra head sculpt make this so worth the price. I havent seen the falcon figure in hand yet but if you guys grab any one figure from this movie this is the one. Hes gonna be well sought after once he finally sells out. This has become a new favorite in the collection. Merry christmas!

Yep. He is an awsome fig. I agree that the weapons, and heads make it well worth it. Plan on using masked sculpt to make a second fig with a jacket, for a more stealth like version.

Yep. He is an awsome fig. I agree that the weapons, and heads make it well worth it. Plan on using masked sculpt to make a second fig with a jacket, for a more stealth like version.

I don't yet have Bucky but I was also thinking of using the 2nd sculpt (along with other 2nd hand parts) to make his look from his first appearance in the movie where his metal arm is covered.

I don't yet have Bucky but I was also thinking of using the 2nd sculpt (along with other 2nd hand parts) to make his look from his first appearance in the movie where his metal arm is covered.

this one right
winter-soldier.jpg

and heres another alternate look from concept art
captain-america_the-winter-soldier_winter-soldier-concept-art-by-josh-nizzi-1.jpg

the same artist also did an alternate look fro falcon, which would be a lot better for the figure because no unsightly arm joints
captain-america_winter-soldier_falcon-concept-art-by-josh-nizzi-10.jpg

Back