1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take some better photos once he is done, but here are a couple of WIP pics.

Winter Soldier body + Star Spangled Man suit + Avengers Cap damaged shield + Roadblock drop holsters/guns + cheap no name gun + a head that I've been told looks like me.

Captain Star Spangled Winter Roadblock:

View attachment 150914

View attachment 150915

Before reading your whole post, I was gonna say that head kinda looks like you :lol

Dry brushed some paint on one of my $25 diecast Ebay shields.

10428038_10153679584844460_6367000267827196872_n.jpg

Thanks guys. Just a quick dry brushing radiating out from the center. I didn't go for screen accuracy because I don't like how clean the star is in the movie. Not terribly realistic after getting hit with a rocket. ;)

Did you just use a black acrylic on the shield?

what did you seal it with after you painted it?

Yes, just dry brushed some light black acrylic modeling paint on starting at the center and going out in all directions. Just go slow and light and add a little at a time until you get what you like. I just used some matte spray sealant that I have from Lowes. Use it on a lot of stuff that I paint.

If you have no idea what dry brushing is, basically you dip your brush in the paint, then wipe nearly all of it off on a paper towel. Then apply, very lightly at first. If you have too much paint on the brush, you'll slop it on and it won't look right. If nothing is coming off because you're going too light then press a little harder. You can always Youtube it and see instructional videos. It's really, really easy. :)

Literally just dove under the table...Was it a dud? Is this a test?

I'll take some better photos once he is done, but here are a couple of WIP pics.

Winter Soldier body + Star Spangled Man suit + Avengers Cap damaged shield + Roadblock drop holsters/guns + cheap no name gun + a head that I've been told looks like me.

Captain Star Spangled Winter Roadblock:

View attachment 150914

View attachment 150915

Is that the Crimson Guard Siegie sculpt?

Mine came it today. Buttons fall off very easy so be careful. Has loads of accessories and looks good next to my Cap. Im glad I purchased.

Finally getting around to playing with this figure... :yess: What's the trick to loosening/"fluffing" out his hair again? Boiling hot water?

The tiny buttons on the vest. The glue is weak and will fall of easily(HT gives extras).It happened when I was switching heads. The hair trick is done with a blow dryer to heat and reshape. I always use boiling water though.

How do you get the grenades into the M4? :slap

Also, for the disc launcher, I was able to take the disc out but I forgot how deep it slides into the gun. Does the disc go all the way to the end or only to a certain distance?

Thanks in advance!

Back