1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UGGGHHHHH STOP just stop with this idea of a HT CW Soldier on the motorcycle. That would be a day 1 preorder, and imagine how much that thing would cost. Yikes. But I'd have to have it.

One more joke:

Winter smokyTweet.jpg

....LOL!

Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car

Good Morning Solider.

Ready to Comply

Received a custom rooted hair sculpt with removable face mask and I love it!!!!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car

Good Morning Solider.

Ready to Comply

страстное желание, ржавые, печь, рассвет, Семнадцать, доброкачественный, девять, Возвращение домой, Один, Грузовой автомобиль

Доброе утро солдат

Я готов ответить

nSUhOaG.gif

:lol He looks great!

Just checked Ebay, had no idea the price rose so much. Most listings I saw were $600 or over.

There's a difference between the listed price and the final sale price. I'm not seeing anything that's actually sold for over $500.

Well, one at Ebay just sold for $285 so I guess it's still possible to get an opened one for under $300 if you're in the US. ^^ Outside though we're not as lucky.

That one shipped from Brazil, so after shipping, no one in the US got that for under $300 either.

Agreed. That's certainly what happened to me: I only really got interested in him after I saw Civil War.

Its kind of puzzling to me why TWS figure came with 9,000 accessories, and CW version comes with.... five? Or it seems that way. I mean, come on. Its not like he was walking around unarmed in CW. I can understand the one rifle, but he def needs a knife or two, and does the CW version come with even one sidearm...? *goes to look* No, he doesn't! WTH.

Oh well. We will probably get more figures with successive movies... and if he gets a new arm, which he should, we're all probably going to need that version too. Unless the facial sculpt is off, as poor Loki v.2.0 found out.

I only recall Bucky having a weapon twice in all of Civil War- a handgun in Berlin and the big rifle in Siberia. The rest of the time, he's in hand to hand combat. He never used any knives or crazy guns like in TWS, so including any of that wouldn't make for an accurate figure. I'm not saying it's the right call, but that's probably the justification for it.

I'm glad Hot Toys has been sticking to sculpted hair for Bucky, personally. The rooted sculpts tend to look a bit silly on the figure. Not so scary anymore, Buck :lol

UGGGHHHHH STOP just stop with this idea of a HT CW Soldier on the motorcycle. That would be a day 1 preorder, and imagine how much that thing would cost. Yikes. But I'd have to have it.
But it would be so gooood!! (●´□`)♡ It would cost us a fortune and force me to sell some figures again to pay for it AND to make room for it but damn it would be worth it.

I'm glad Hot Toys has been sticking to sculpted hair for Bucky, personally. The rooted sculpts tend to look a bit silly on the figure. Not so scary anymore, Buck :lol
I gotta agree. I've only ever seen one rooted head that i kinda liked and that's it so I'm glad the figure comes with sculpted hair instead. To tell the truth, the rooted heads are the reason I'm not getting any of the girls. :/ I just don't like how the hair looks. It might look nice for promoshots but then I see it on some user pics and suddenly have no desire to get that figure. Which is sad coz I'd love to get me a Wanda. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future.

I gotta agree. I've only ever seen one rooted head that i kinda liked and that's it so I'm glad the figure comes with sculpted hair instead. To tell the truth, the rooted heads are the reason I'm not getting any of the girls. :/ I just don't like how the hair looks. It might look nice for promoshots but then I see it on some user pics and suddenly have no desire to get that figure. Which is sad coz I'd love to get me a Wanda. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future.

I feel the same way. In-hand photos often show that the rooted hair is unruly or just poorly styled. Although the AoU Wanda - the only rooted-hair figure I own - surprised me with how presentable it looks. I was worried I was going to have to sell if her hair looked more Barbie than Avenger. :lol The only other two female figures I own/have on PO, Leia and Rey, have sculpted hair... one less thing to worry about!

I feel the same way. In-hand photos often show that the rooted hair is unruly or just poorly styled. Although the AoU Wanda - the only rooted-hair figure I own - surprised me with how presentable it looks. I was worried I was going to have to sell if her hair looked more Barbie than Avenger. :lol The only other two female figures I own/have on PO, Leia and Rey, have sculpted hair... one less thing to worry about!
Yeah, sometimes I'm tempted to just try it and get Wanda but then I worry that her hair will slowly start to look off and plainly horrible after some posing or that I get her out of the box and already find it not so nice. ^^ I guess, if they ever do Hope as Wasp, I pray that they'll give her sculpted hair.

On another note, how hard is it to take the Winter Soldier's leather top off and change it? Has anyone done that before? I'm kinda paranoid and worry that the leather will kinda get damaged due to lots of posing or when I keep him with his right arm bend.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I really can't stand rooted hair and will never pick up a figure that has it. I wish that female characters just came with "swap out" sculpted hair for different poses. Ahhh well, a man can dream. :pigfly:

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I really can't stand rooted hair and will never pick up a figure that has it. I wish that female characters just came with "swap out" sculpted hair for different poses. Ahhh well, a man can dream. :pigfly:
Oh gods, I'd love swappable sculpted hair! That would look so much nicer. ;__;

I normally like rooted hair on female characters but for some reason on most male characters when I see a custom done with rooted hair like this or the Ledger Joker it looks weird.

Agree regarding rooted hair. My general thought is that sculpted hair looks better on male figures and rooted hair looks better on female figures. As another posted pointed out one time, it's the formula that has worked for Barbie and Ken for so many years. :lol

It just depends on the figure though. Like one mentioned in this thread, out of all the rooted hair sculpts I've seen for figures like Thor and TWS, there's only been about two at the most that I've personally liked.

I only recall Bucky having a weapon twice in all of Civil War- a handgun in Berlin and the big rifle in Siberia. The rest of the time, he's in hand to hand combat. He never used any knives or crazy guns like in TWS, so including any of that wouldn't make for an accurate figure. I'm not saying it's the right call, but that's probably the justification for it.

:exactly:

Many times, I believe HT tries to go for film accuracy with their figures rather than what's convenient. Same deal with the CW Cap figures not including the magnetic shield like the AoU figure did. Many people feel the magnetic shield is so convenient (myself included), so they wanted it to have been included on the CW figures as well. The issue is though, he doesn't use a magnetic shield in CW.

Can you imagine how many people there would be complaining if a figure wasn't film accurate? Such as the CW Cap figures including a magnetic shield when the shield had straps? I'd be willing to wager people would do the same with the CW Bucky figure if he came armed to the teeth the same way TWS figure did.

Good Morning Solider.

attachment.php

Ready to Comply

That's quite good, Jace! I like him! Very nice!

However as others have mentioned, I prefer that mass-market figures come with sculpted hair. If someone does a custom for you, they'll spend lots of time making certain that hair looks right, as we see here. Would a mass market figure get that kind of care? Doubtful! Even from a vendor like HT. I have heard iffy things about Black Widow's hair, for instance.

Skizzoid: I only recall Bucky having a weapon twice in all of Civil War- a handgun in Berlin and the big rifle in Siberia. The rest of the time, he's in hand to hand combat. He never used any knives or crazy guns like in TWS, so including any of that wouldn't make for an accurate figure. I'm not saying it's the right call, but that's probably the justification for it.

No doubt you are right. I just feel it would be most in-character for Bucky #2 to have a knife or two. He was hell with those knives, after all. I feel like he'd have one in the shower, balanced next to the shampoo or whatever. Who knows when an enemy or ten is gonna kick down the bathroom door...? lol! A good assassin never gets a minutes' peace.

Thank you Ramatuelle! For the others, I understand the first few times I saw rooted hair on a male sculpt it seemed weird to me too. However, it has grown on me and I like it now. Of course the rooted hair must be done right and will only work on male characters that have longer hair like Winter Soldier or LOTR Aragorn.

Overall, I like this rooted hair sculpt and it allows for better articulation as the sculpted hair would get snapped on his coat collar.

:exactly:

Many times, I believe HT tries to go for film accuracy with their figures rather than what's convenient. Same deal with the CW Cap figures not including the magnetic shield like the AoU figure did. Many people feel the magnetic shield is so convenient (myself included), so they wanted it to have been included on the CW figures as well. The issue is though, he doesn't use a magnetic shield in CW.

Can you imagine how many people there would be complaining if a figure wasn't film accurate? Such as the CW Cap figures including a magnetic shield when the shield had straps? I'd be willing to wager people would do the same with the CW Bucky figure if he came armed to the teeth the same way TWS figure did.
I absolutely agree with you and I do appreciate that HT goes for movie accuracy. My gripe with CW Bucky isn't so much that he comes with so little but that he's just as expensive as the WS who came with all those extras. I feel that, they just should have made the little Bucky comes with reflect in the price too. Or they could have just added another head sculpt for those who want to re-create the fight between IM, Cap and Buck. I mean, Steve gets the gritted teeth, they could have easily given Bucky the angry face when he goes ape**** on IM too. Now that is something I would have loved! That would have made that figure a lot more badass and special imo.

I absolutely agree with you and I do appreciate that HT goes for movie accuracy. My gripe with CW Bucky isn't so much that he comes with so little but that he's just as expensive as the WS who came with all those extras. I feel that, they just should have made the little Bucky comes with reflect in the price too. Or they could have just added another head sculpt for those who want to re-create the fight between IM, Cap and Buck. I mean, Steve gets the gritted teeth, they could have easily given Bucky the angry face when he goes ape**** on IM too. Now that is something I would have loved! That would have made that figure a lot more badass and special imo.

I think the best accessorie would have been the blown off arm as a "battle damaged" accessory. Why not, its what happened in the movie so if they want to be truly movie accurate that would be awesome!! Thinking about doing a custom once the CW bucky comes out.

I think the best accessorie would have been the blown off arm as a "battle damaged" accessory. Why not, its what happened in the movie so if they want to be truly movie accurate that would be awesome!! Thinking about doing a custom once the CW bucky comes out.

A blown off arm...? Some of the things you guys suggest in these threads :rotfl

A blown off arm...? Some of the things you guys suggest in these threads :rotfl

In all fairness, if say prior to the DX07 Bespin Luke Skywalker set being released someone were to suggest: "And it should also include a separate BD figure with a detachable forearm at the elbow joint with a magnetic wrist and a separate magnetic hand so that way you can have his hand severed off if you want to. Oh, and it should have the tourniquet accessory also to put over the nub!", I think many would probably laugh and scoff at that request also.

Lo and behold, that's what HT actually included. :lol

Back