1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I gotta agree. This looks great so far! Can't wait to see all assembled again.

I'd give it a shot myself but taking his arm apart kinda scares me so I'll just leave him like he is. ^^

Wow… that looks bad-ass. Nice job!!

Wish I had the taping off and painting skills to do that.

Thank you, it is not as hard as you would think. I used to think the same thing, but it really comes down to patience.

Yeah, I gotta agree. This looks great so far! Can't wait to see all assembled again.

I'd give it a shot myself but taking his arm apart kinda scares me so I'll just leave him like he is. ^^

I was too scared to mess with him at first too, but decided I'd give it a try and worst case scenario pick up one of the bodies from a parted out Civil War version of Winter Soldier. Taking the clothes off was really one of the most tedious parts. After that it was relatively easy. A little patience to cut triangle pieces of tape to mask off his Red Star on the shoulder and then air brush!

Ok, so I haven't reassembled it yet as it needs to cure for a couple days before I am handling it putting everything back together, but I am very excited about the way this turned out!!!!

It is frustrating that the pictures don't pic up the full chrome finish and tend to make it look dull compared to in hand. But never the less for anyone who wants to try....

Take off head, hands, boots and all clothing.
Use hair dryer or heat water to loosen forearm joint to remove from upper arm
Then tape off around the metal arm. Clean arm thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and paper towel (this removes and factory mold release oil residue).
Next, cut small triangles from roll of masking tape with exact-o knife to tape of Red Star
Finally air brush a few light coats of Alclad Black Gloss (make sure you have a good very shinny finish)
Let this cure 24hrs
Last step air brush with Alclad Chrome in very light coats....less is more with this as the more coats you put on the more "silver" it becomes instead of chrome
Let cure for atleast 24 hrs, I recommend 48 hrs then re-assemble!!!

You ripped off half of Bucky's arm! How could you! :lol

"How could I what?"

image.jpeg

It is frustrating that the pictures don't pic up the full chrome finish and tend to make it look dull compared to in hand. But never the less for anyone who wants to try....

Take off head, hands, boots and all clothing.
Use hair dryer or heat water to loosen forearm joint to remove from upper arm
Then tape off around the metal arm. Clean arm thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and paper towel (this removes and factory mold release oil residue).
Next, cut small triangles from roll of masking tape with exact-o knife to tape of Red Star
Finally air brush a few light coats of Alclad Black Gloss (make sure you have a good very shinny finish)
Let this cure 24hrs
Last step air brush with Alclad Chrome in very light coats....less is more with this as the more coats you put on the more "silver" it becomes instead of chrome
Let cure for atleast 24 hrs, I recommend 48 hrs then re-assemble!!!

Nice one, this turned out great!

Ok, here he is fully re-assembled (except for fat suit was left out) I am ecstatic about the result.

Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car

GOOD MORNING SOLDIER

Attachments

• IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    617.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    593.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    772.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    909.2 KB · Views: 132

Looks great!

Even without the customization I prefer the WS version to CW version. I've looked to see if I could find an after market one but the prices are just too high. If they come down closer to retail after the CW version is released I'll probably pick one up. If not, I'll probably just wait to see if the Winter Soldier shows up in some future movie and see what that looks like. Perhaps when he gets his knew arm he'll have the Captain America inspired shield looking star on his arm and equipped up again like the first one but in in full hero mode...

3479570-9810123253-22294.jpg

Thanks Jaymas I was apprehensive about how this would turn out but I figured worst case scenario I'd pick up the body from the new one and put the WS clothing on it but luckily it turned out great.

I have a feeling we will see another version of "bucky" with a new arm that has the cap logo on it as the picture shows.

What's the going rate for Winter Soldier at this point? Is anything below $250 not really realistic

Ok, here he is fully re-assembled (except for fat suit was left out) I am ecstatic about the result.

Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car

GOOD MORNING SOLDIER

"Ready to comply."

Great pictures!

What's the going rate for Winter Soldier at this point? Is anything below $250 not really realistic

I'm surprised how much WS goes for now. For awhile he was easily bought for retail or below and seemed to happen after the movie came out.

I was thinking the same thing. Put off buying him for too long I guess, just too damn expensive

I'm surprised how much WS goes for now. For awhile he was easily bought for retail or below and seemed to happen after the movie came out.

That's what I was thinking. Before CW, I don't think he was THAT popular of a character to warrant fetching above retail prices for on the secondary market. Like you said, it seemed to happen after the film came out, or at least the CW figure. Perhaps after waiting and seeing the CW figure and what it comes with (or doesn't come with I should say in comparison to TWS version), people preferred the look of TWS version and suddenly there was a high demand for it?

Hard to believe that he's suddenly high on people's want list, while I've had him for over a year now already.

The same thing happened with Ant-Man. I think many people were waiting to see the CW look and after seeing it, the majority opinion seemed to be that they preferred the look of the Ant-Man suit, so there was suddenly a high demand for that figure.

Back