1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of people are going to be sorry they passed on this. It is an amazing figure. I suspect this is going to be one of those releases that is worth a ton in a few years...not that I will sell mine anytime soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was there ever an official DIY to make these whips light up all the way?

I think a lot of people are going to be sorry they passed on this. It is an amazing figure. I suspect this is going to be one of those releases that is worth a ton in a few years...not that I will sell mine anytime soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aside from a very few HT gems back in the day, nothing these guys produce goes up in value any more tbh. Hell, there's people on FB selling this piece already for less than retail shipped.

If you are a bit patient, you can get yourself a deal on most HT releases nowadays.

Let me clear this up. He actually made a video showing his work on the original whiplash, doing a mod on the whips. My bad

Yeah I saw that...and there are a number of people that have done it to the new Mark II. Not sure if they are using the same method (I'm sure they are), but the whips themselves are different.

Aside from a very few HT gems back in the day, nothing these guys produce goes up in value any more tbh. Hell, there's people on FB selling this piece already for less than retail shipped.

If you are a bit patient, you can get yourself a deal on most HT releases nowadays.

This just isn't true. I haven't priced checked lately, but what about the Midas, Python, Hot Rod, Hawkeye, etc. Last I checked, these were fairly pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine just arrived ( Jakarta , Indonesia) :clap the details is amazing .. even the collar got light ...:slap

18746830154_c37f00a0ff_b.jpg

19181790098_940721047e_b.jpg

This just isn't true. I haven't priced checked lately, but what about the Midas, Python, Hot Rod, Hawkeye, etc. Last I checked, these were fairly pricey.

Yea most actually stay level or go up. Mk3,4,5,7,42 all increased. So did most the hpp stuff. Hulk, hawkeye, ghost rider, blade, mech test, dx12,89 bats....all increased in value. A few are under retail. 7-10 out of 350. Pretty much the opposite of his statement.

Beautiful shots, JTLin. Really looks like a piece of art. :duff

So I take it no-one is experiencing issues with the switches falling into the chest cavity, hey? That's encouraging. I'm a little paranoid about it, I think. :lol

In regards to the aftermarket prices, it's a mixed bag. For my money, I really feel HT overproduces like crazy. Look at original RoboCop going for 50% off or T1 Terminator MMS238 languishing around in-stock (and believe that got selectively discounted 30%, too) long after release. Seems like everyone is trying to dump the original WM MKII below cost. Hope they find some kind of happy medium where they can cut down the run sizes to where the true demand is and keep this stuff collectible.

Yea most actually stay level or go up. Mk3,4,5,7,42 all increased. So did most the hpp stuff. Hulk, hawkeye, ghost rider, blade, mech test, dx12,89 bats....all increased in value. A few are under retail. 7-10 out of 350. Pretty much the opposite of his statement.

Yeah, I don't regularly price check, but that's what I thought. I assumed only flawed releases or unpopular characters/designs were under retail.

I wish Hot Rod was below retail since I missed it.

Hot Rod, Midas, Stealth Mark VII, etc., aren't normal releases, though. Check the value of those older Marks once the diecast versions are announced. I'd assume that'll tank their value pretty good. Regardless, point is WAY too much stuff is sitting around and headed for the discount bin, which is not a good thing. Fully expect we'll be seeing a ton of figures heavily discounted for this year's Spook.

Back