1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seeing both. 290 on the invoice on the order page but 315 from the PayPal' request. I'll give them until Monday to get back to me and then I'm paying what the actual invoice says on their site

Lol, I'd hardly call ten bucks "hosed" when you're saving $100 off retail (with shipping). Try using Canadian funds on this stuff. :lol

Like I said, still a great deal. But Paypal had nothing to do with BIJs price, and they are pocketing an extra $10 by overstating the exchange rate. Probably adds up to quit a bit when you consider all the foreign transactions they process.

Like I said, still a great deal. But Paypal had nothing to do with BIJs price, and they are pocketing an extra $10 by overstating the exchange rate. Probably adds up to quit a bit when you consider all the foreign transactions they process.

That could be the reason :thud:

That's common practice, though, dneilan1, as far as I'm aware. Banks don't give you the actual exchange when you go to convert funds before going on vacation or whatnot. They always pad a few percent in their favour, so I'm assuming that's what's going on here. I wouldn't bat an eye personally over such a small discrepancy but we all have our ways!

That's common practice, though, dneilan1, as far as I'm aware. Banks don't give you the actual exchange when you go to convert funds before going on vacation or whatnot. They always pad a few percent in their favour, so I'm assuming that's what's going on here. I wouldn't bat an eye personally over such a small discrepancy but we all have our ways!

I don't know how the price went from 290 to 313.94 from BIJ, but I had no problem paying when I Got the invoice:lol. This has got to be the best deal I've found in a while. I haven't been charged yet. So I still dont believe it:rotfl

The exchange rate fluxes day to day. So when they did the invoice it could have been one amount, but when you logged in the rate moved. The only reason the BJ price is what it is, is becuase the exchange rate. So tomorrow it could be 100 bucks more.

As for the "padding"...like I said, it could just be the current exchange rate. As I said it adjusts Dailey. And if they add a fee in that's not unusual. It costs money to exchange currency.

haha cool new avatar JorReno :clap
Guy is awesome :clap and frakking hilarious
tumblr_n5abz5dbwb1tu7563o3_250.gif

Sort of regret that I cancelled my order through Big in Japan. If I had held out just a bit longer I would have gotten one. Oh well I guess.

Payment Summary

Payment amount:
(in currency funded)$317.65 USDYour total:$317.65 USDConversion rate:1 USD = 119.3 JPYPayment amount:
(in currency received)¥37,910 JPYCollectoys Godogaisha's fees:¥1,139 JPYCollectoys Godogaisha will receive:
(in currency received)¥36,771 JPY

Here is my payment summary

Payment Summary

Payment amount:
(in currency funded)$317.65 USDYour total:$317.65 USDConversion rate:1 USD = 119.3 JPYPayment amount:
(in currency received)¥37,910 JPYCollectoys Godogaisha's fees:¥1,139 JPYCollectoys Godogaisha will receive:
(in currency received)¥36,771 JPY

Here is my payment summary

Identical to mine. Still no clue why their website showed a lesser amount. I ended up just paying the full amount, and already received my tracking #.

You guys still don't get what exchange rate means.

Also, you got this figure for about $100 than MOSTLY everybody else. I thought mine was $290 but it wasn't, they charged me a whooping $20 extra and now I'm soooooo mad.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Also, you got this figure for about $100 than MOSTLY everybody else. I thought mine was $290 but it wasn't, they charged me a whooping $20 extra and now I'm soooooo mad.

Jesus ****ing Christ.
Haha, yep.

Last edited:

Jesus ****ing Christ.
I'm not talking exchange rate. They gave me TWO invoices both with differing totals. I paid the 37, 910 JPY and it gave me a thank you email still showing my 35, 810 total.

Also, lighten up Francis.

Back