1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry for crappy phone pics.
8db907c9-e04d-4dd1-9627-ede17bcaf596_zpsydj9ztge.jpg

d94be5ef-e375-47ff-abbd-6208120e68e2_zpszedwajta.jpg

I personally didn't care the character portrayal in the movie, and I do not like Rourke's headsculpt on this, but looking at this subjectively as a figure, it's pretty bad ass.

Got mine today! Yay!!!

BUT...

I can not, for the life of me, get either arm to work. I put in the batteries, which was difficult given my big fingers, but they refuse to light up. It's kind of frustrating, because it's the first one I've bothered to install the batteries in in a long time. Gonna try the head and back, too. But anyone have any tips for what I might be doing wrong? I've checked the polarity of the batteries again and again.

EDIT:
Nevermind! Figured it out. The housing in the arms of mine is reversed from the instructions... the spring is on the wrong side. So I actually had to reverse the batteries from what was shown there.

Last edited:
WOW Really excellent pics Tex :clap

Thanks bud overall awesome figure. Just need to find the time to put all the batteries in all 3 figures and turn them on for a couple of photos... Will probably take 3 hours to put all the batteries in just to take 5 minutes worth of photos :slap lol.......wish hot toys would use some kind of remote.

Thanks bud overall awesome figure. Just need to find the time to put all the batteries in all 3 figures and turn them on for a couple of photos... Will probably take 3 hours to put all the batteries in just to take 5 minutes worth of photos :slap lol.......wish hot toys would use some kind of remote.

That would be so much better, and besides figures has to be one of the most requested things for HT to do :gah:
I also wished the whips could light up

Yea was not a fan of putting the batteries in either. Gave up for a while even. Lol

The problem with the remote, given the current design and manufacturing they do, is it would take a pretty large change. Right now each piece is its own self contained unit. There are no wires connecting the head to the body. Or the arms to the body. It's the same with most figures. And the ball joint system they use would make it pretty hard to do it as designed. End up with lots of broken wires. So it's not just as simple as swapping switches for an ir remote or anything.

I do think it would be better to swap to a single battery though. Instead of these fiddly little ones where you need multiples and every time you get close one pops out and goes flying. Lol

For me that would solve most of my issues. I can handle actually flipping a switch. Because a remote system doesn't actually replace the batteries just the switches. Which for me are the smallest of the issues with the power system. Go to a AA or one of those short single camera batteries. Anything but the ones they use now really. Lol

Yea was not a fan of putting the batteries in either. Gave up for a while even. Lol

The problem with the remote, given the current design and manufacturing they do, is it would take a pretty large change. Right now each piece is its own self contained unit. There are no wires connecting the head to the body. Or the arms to the body. It's the same with most figures. And the ball joint system they use would make it pretty hard to do it as designed. End up with lots of broken wires. So it's not just as simple as swapping switches for an ir remote or anything.

I do think it would be better to swap to a single battery though. Instead of these fiddly little ones where you need multiples and every time you get close one pops out and goes flying. Lol

For me that would solve most of my issues. I can handle actually flipping a switch. Because a remote system doesn't actually replace the batteries just the switches. Which for me are the smallest of the issues with the power system. Go to a AA or one of those short single camera batteries. Anything but the ones they use now really. Lol

I would imagine even with a single battery it would still require wires extending to the different light sources, i.e., arm, chest , and head correct? No real win here I guess.

I meant single battery in each section, opposed to each compartment having three battery's

Each arm in this thing takes three small battery's. The chest takes multiples. What was saying is instead of 15 or whatever little batteries to instead use like three.

Last edited:
Back