1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the Rourke sculpt will never come out of the box, so glad there's not more of them. Rourke didn't make an impression on me at all w/that role, so no desire to commemorate it on my shelf, anyway. Helmeted figure is unbeatable for display.

OK so this big in japan website is selling whiplash for 294 shipped to me. Whats the catch? Is this a knockoff, dose it come with a hot toys box and shipper or what? It just seems to good to be true. Has anyone ordered direct from them before?

Im guessing no brown shipper with them?

Probably not. They are more a SS thing. My Starboost didn't have one but was extremely well packed in bubble wrap.

Ordered from big in japan. Never bought anything from them before but I'll take you guys word that they're good

They were awesome to deal with for me. Fast shipping. 3 days from Japan!

OK so this big in japan website is selling whiplash for 294 shipped to me. Whats the catch? Is this a knockoff, dose it come with a hot toys box and shipper or what? It just seems to good to be true. Has anyone ordered direct from them before?

I talked about ordering from them a few pages back. They are legit. No knockoffs. They are a top rated ebay seller if you want to check them out there. You can order this guy through ebay from them but he's $50 more. They do not do brown shippers but they are brand new and sealed in HT box plus they package well and extremely fast.

So are people getting charged right away today with the PayPal bill me later option? Like was mentioned and reading on their site it sounds like they want payment right away for orders over 20,000 yen.

Still debating getting this figure from them myself.

I did not get charged. They send an invoice when they get the figure in stock. You'll only have to pay right away if you choose to or buy from them through eBay of course.

Thanks for the info BatBrain, I just ordered from them and chose to pay later with paypal. $294.60 with a small exchange rate charge from paypal of like 8 bucks shipped to me makes this a steal. Once the item comes in stock they will send an invoice to my paypal for me to pay. So I don't even have to put any money up now. Willing to take a shot. There prices on other items that are sold out are awesome. If this works out I'll be buy several pieces from them in the feature.

Yeah, the Rourke sculpt will never come out of the box, so glad there's not more of them. Rourke didn't make an impression on me at all w/that role, so no desire to commemorate it on my shelf, anyway. Helmeted figure is unbeatable for display.

No doubt, I will also display it with the full helmet... I just don't like when they take shortcuts like that.

Thanks for the info BatBrain, I just ordered from them and chose to pay later with paypal. $294.60 with a small exchange rate charge from paypal of like 8 bucks shipped to me makes this a steal. Once the item comes in stock they will send an invoice to my paypal for me to pay. So I don't even have to put any money up now. Willing to take a shot. There prices on other items that are sold out are awesome. If this works out I'll be buy several pieces from them in the feature.

No prob Proc. I was originally skeptical too but when I got Starboost from them I was really happy. Darkseed had a similar experience with Starboost and I think a couple other freaks snatched up Igor from them for a ridiculous price!

No prob Proc. I was originally skeptical too but when I got Starboost from them I was really happy. Darkseed had a similar experience with Starboost and I think a couple other freaks snatched up Igor from them for a ridiculous price!

That's ridiculous, I paid 500 for my Igor and they have it 303 before shipping plus starboost is only 183 before shipping. Damb I'm paying way to much for these things. If they were still in stock I would by several and resell them for that price.

That's ridiculous, I paid 500 for my Igor and they have it 303 before shipping plus starboost is only 183 before shipping. Damb I'm paying way to much for these things. If they were still in stock I would by several and resell them for that price.

The only thing is they don't get too many different figures in. They show all those HT figs on their site but they never get most in. I've emailed them about Gamora and Starlord before and they've told me they aren't getting them in stock so I'm not sure why they have them on the site at all. Whiplash is the first HT fig I've seen them have up for order since Starboost a couple months ago. My guess is they sell them so cheap because they just want to get them out of inventory fast since HT boxes probably take up more room than most of their other stock.

One thing to be careful of is that the payment is made in Yen, so the price you pay may be different when these are in stock. It could be less $ or it could be more than now.

One thing to be careful of is that the payment is made in Yen, so the price you pay may be different when these are in stock. It could be less $ or it could be more than now.
I would think most web sites would honor the price a customer ordered at. Not really sure why being in a foreign currency would make a difference.

If the exchange rate fluctuates between now and when it ships we could end up paying a different amount, their quoted amount would stay the same.

If the exchange rate fluctuates between now and when it ships we could end up paying a different amount, their quoted amount would stay the same.
Yeah I didn't think about that. Still if this is coming soon I wouldn't think it will change that much that soon but I guess you never know.

The wait for this is getting brutal. Whiplash Mk 2 is going to have to curb my Hulkbuster appetite for a long time so this needs to ship STAT!

Back