1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They probably made way too many of these sets. They are clearly not selling.

The Nolan ship (while amazing) has sailed. Freaking 1/4 Bats can be had for less than retail of you look around. Bank Robber Joker? Don't even get me started. Bloke and Gordon? I doubt they are selling huge. The 1/12 Bat? LOL.

DX11 seems to be a bit pricier but I've seen decent deals on FB. I think the only one that's hard to come by at a decent price is the EB 1/4 Joker. I read somewhere that they didn't really made very many of those. Bill is a ******.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ForbiddenPlanet are having a 29% off sale for the Armory sets. There is obviously too many produced and not selling. I'm going to save my money for the new Star Wars figures

Quote from Kuat of Kuat on his order from OSB

I've managed to get a full refund from OSB for the Armoury, as I was worried they'll go under. When are you getting your order from OSB?

I got a refund from OSB because there's no guarantee that whatever estimate they report will be true.

On 10th January they reported that "shipping from China is being prepared". So whatever they say now I would take with a bucket of salt.

Ordered it direct from Sideshow instead with a 30% code. Cost the same as from OSB, plus it will earn $53.10 in reward points. Effectively worked out at £345 delivered with tax (including earned rewards).

Really pleased with the set.

Hot toys is producing too many figures now at higher prices. Many of these type sets are sitting around and not flying off the shelves. The bat is not selling well.

I don't even consider immediately buying the higher priced stuff. There's a good chance it'll be 40 or 50% off if you're patient. I want Han and Chewie and the Bat-signal set, but I'll wait those out.

I got a refund from OSB because there's no guarantee that whatever estimate they report will be true.

On 10th January they reported that "shipping from China is being prepared". So whatever they say now I would take with a bucket of salt.

Ordered it direct from Sideshow instead with a 30% code. Cost the same as from OSB, plus it will earn $53.10 in reward points. Effectively worked out at £345 delivered with tax (including earned rewards).

Really pleased with the set.
How did you get 30% discount code?

The Armory with Bruce & Alfred arrived today. Will open it up tomorrow after a trip to Ikea for another Detolf.

I also have a custom Joker coming soon. I've got the TDK bug...

Would love to pick up a Bane but the prices are just too high.

That MJ Choi Joker sculpt is simply amazing! I can't wait to see your pics.

I'm in the same boat regarding the custom cape. I've got MOS Supes and now Batman and I'm not sure if to take the plunge for both. I know they look amazing but its a pricey hit.

The Armory with Bruce & Alfred arrived today. Will open it up tomorrow after a trip to Ikea for another Detolf.

:clap

I also have a custom Joker coming soon. I've got the TDK bug...

My TDK bug was recently re-ignited. Pop Toys' ninja Ducard/Ra's arrived recently; VTS' Lucius Fox will probably be here next week.

Receiving the armoury prompted me to finally pick up a SWAT Gordon, who should be delivered today. Missed out on him originally because my order was cancelled due to low stock.

Would love to pick up a Bane but the prices are just too high.

Scarecrow is the figure I kick myself for missing out on.

:clap

My TDK bug was recently re-ignited. Pop Toys' ninja Ducard/Ra's arrived recently; VTS' Lucius Fox will probably be here next week.

Receiving the armoury prompted me to finally pick up a SWAT Gordon, who should be delivered today. Missed out on him originally because my order was cancelled due to low stock.

Scarecrow is the figure I kick myself for missing out on.

You would think that the "third party figure makers" would have released a Scarecrow already. The outfit is not as complicated as others already done.

I'm leaning on picking up the VTS' Lucius Fox as well. As for Gordon, I think I prefer the version that comes with the Bat lamp and Blake. Hopefully that set comes down in price and we get another good discount code from SS. ;)

I can't ever figure out how I want to pose the cape. I have an Lforigno cape, so it has great drape and flow. Any ideas for the cape when he's an a basic "fists at his sides" pose?

I'm not sure of the length of the Lforigno cape, but if it's long, I would recommend just draped straight down with the ends flowing to the sides. Simple but classical museum look.

I have three Lforigno cape's (short, medium and long) and I would say that the medium one is the best. It's the one I use the most but I always like having the option to mix it up a little. :wink1:

I have the short, battle cape. At first, I had it wrapped around the shoulders, covering everything but the chest. I wanted to show off the belt accessories, but now the cape looks weird just laying behind the body.

Tony's capes look great, I just haven't decided if I wanna plop down $50 for a cape. Although when I've just spent 200 bucks on a Joker sculpt I reckon that's not so unreasonable.

Back