1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony's capes look great, I just haven't decided if I wanna plop down $50 for a cape. Although when I've just spent 200 bucks on a Joker sculpt I reckon that's not so unreasonable.

A black napkin would look better than the stock cape. Buy a custom one. TREAT YOSELF!

Man, the Batman + Armory set is selling for about $280 at this weekend's Toy Convention in Manila, in sealed box. Things that make me say "I should have just waited". Especially since I just opened the one I ordered after months of being in box :)

^yet the armory head is too tan. :gah:

dxarmorybruce1 (1).jpg

Considering its my first Hot Toys I am glad they are in stock and at $400 with coupon code at BBTS was a great price. Started to open it since that is part is of the fun seen a lot of comparisons and IMO Armory is the best sculpt for Wayne and bats. And traded my Wayne and Alfred for a new DX11 Joker 2.0 still have to unbox it. Pretty much the Holy Grail of Hot Toys. Gonna have Joker holding that Empty Cowl the armory brings. Gonna place the clown mask on the armory body and the bomb box next to it with detonator in his hand. If I ever get around to cracking open the DX11 Joker 2.0. Emailing hot Toys daily for a second production run.

Finally got Batman out of its box and on display. Still debating whether to keep the armory or sell it. Over-all much better than DX12 IMO, but I hate the freaking belt. A friend started offering custom capes and I got one for Armory Bats, for $10. Love how naturally it drops :)

P6220844_zpsxfysf9lo.jpg

P6220842_zpspx09w1pf.jpg

I prefer the DX 12 Bruce head.

Before I sold my Armory Bruce Wayne (back when he was going for $250), I held both heads side by side and debated to myself on which one to sell. Looked back and forth for about 10 mins. Finally went with the DX 12 and got rid of the Armory. He was way too ****ing dark. Bale is welsh, not mixed ethnicities. :lol

I still wish we got the QS 001 1/4 Bale head in 1:6 form.

Help! Need advice on where to buy wrist peg for batman from armory. I broke one of the pegs. Can't believe the spare they have doesn't even fit the hand.

The replacement pegs was too small to fit the batman hand. Apparently bat hand hole is bigger. Anyway I emailed SS hopefully I get it replaced. For now, had to use wayne hand & pose it like this:
image.jpg

I also set up the armory yesterday. An amazing display.

Once that was completed, I set up the Batman figure and it looks fantastic. My only gripe is with the freakin' cape. It took forever to get it to look halfway decent. I'm still not happy with it, but I'll work on it another day.

Planned on selling both Alfred and Bruce to help fund the purchase but Alfred looks incredible. It's like Michael Caine got hit with the "Honey I shrunk the kids" ray. I'm still not sure if Bruce will make the cut. I haven't released him from his plastic cocoon yet. It's not that he isn't great as well, but that I don't really have a place for him in my display case. Will wait and see...

IMG_1072sm.jpg

IMG_1065sm.jpg

I also set up the armory yesterday. An amazing display.

Once that was completed, I set up the Batman figure and it looks fantastic. My only gripe is with the freakin' cape. It took forever to get it to look halfway decent. I'm still not happy with it, but I'll work on it another day.

Planned on selling both Alfred and Bruce to help fund the purchase but Alfred looks incredible. It's like Michael Caine got hit with the "Honey I shrunk the kids" ray. I'm still not sure if Bruce will make the cut. I haven't released him from his plastic cocoon yet. It's not that he isn't great as well, but that I don't really have a place for him in my display case. Will wait and see...

View attachment 193335

View attachment 193336

Don't even waste your time with the stock Cape, il forigno's capes are awesome, cheaper than
Tony meis or make your own. Just get rid of that stock Cape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back