1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since Sideshow refunded my money for Wolverine, I get to apply those funds to the MMS236! I'm going for the figure on his own and a cape from Tony!

My MMS67 with customized Armory belt as close as I could get to screen accuracy, opening and end scenes from TDK. :)

8675a915f2d731d676e1f1a7d8955837.jpg

Mine with armory beltImageUploadedByTapatalk1418298683.913568.jpg

Hey. I just got my armory batman. But i don't have the instructions. And it's my first dark knight. Can someone tell me how to attach the cape? I know the clips go in the holes. But not exactly how to do it. Any tips?

Edit-never mind I figured it out. Thanks guys. I feel dumb for asking now. Lol

This is a GREAT figure!!

Last edited:
Hey. I just got my armory batman. But i don't have the instructions. And it's my first dark knight. Can someone tell me how to attach the cape? I know the clips go in the holes. But not exactly how to do it. Any tips?

Make sure the cape and clip are pushed as far into the shoulder holes as possible. You want to make sure it's tucked underneath the shoulder armor and make sure the back of the clip is laying flush against it.

IMG_4141crop.jpg

IMG_4140crop.jpg

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out generally where it is for movie accuracy. I think I got the top two in a good spot, I can't see where the bottom parts go, or roughly how far it is from a reference point like the bottom of the doors or where the two guns on top hang down to. If there's a movie still that could help too, I can't seem to find one on google, only HT armory pics. If not, I'll just wing it I guess :wink1:

Good to see I'm not the only one with 1/6 OCD.

Took me about 30 to 45 minutes to get the racks and Sitcky Bomb guns in the proper position. I kept looking at the film clips on my phone and back again. :lol

Make sure the cape and clip are pushed as far into the shoulder holes as possible. You want to make sure it's tucked underneath the shoulder armor and make sure the back of the clip is laying flush against it.

IMG_4141crop.jpg

IMG_4140crop.jpg

Thanks! I got it. This is a fantastic figure. It looks great!!

Even though it looks great with the empty cowl, I now need the bale cowl. I can't believe how much I like this suit. I mean I'm a fan of batman anyway..and enjoy the Nolan/bale trilogy. But I guess I just forgot how cool the suit is. Having spent the last couple years working on/with the new batman suit(s). ( yes the new superman/batman movie has multiple batman suits)

It's a pretty new release. Half the vendors don't even have it in stock yet(like the UK stores). So it will be awhile before it gets large discounts.

I spent hours researching his TDK belt accessories. The way the DX12 one is laid out is actually inaccurate. There's supposed to be double canisters on his right side with a "dot" detail. The left side has a single one with a different detail, more like a slider. The metal pouches are not supposed to be exactly the same, the armory provides 2 different ones that is more accurate, along with the canisters themselves being more accurate. The DX12 belt is also too bright and doesn't have hinges.

The belt layout is the same for TDKR.

I really can't stand DX12's belt now haha.

Also dw, here's what I used for reference from my phone when I set mine up. Let me know if this helps.

armory1.jpg
armory 2.jpg
armory 3.jpg
armory4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also dw, here's what I used for reference from my phone when I set mine up. Let me know if this helps.

View attachment 151328
View attachment 151329
ATTACH=CONFIG]151330[/ATTACH]
View attachment 151331

Oh man! These are SO helpful! Thank you so much! :hi5:

I spent hours researching his TDK belt accessories. The way the DX12 one is laid out is actually inaccurate. There's supposed to be double canisters on his right side with a "dot" detail. The left side has a single one with a different detail, more like a slider. The metal pouches are not supposed to be exactly the same, the armory provides 2 different ones that is more accurate, along with the canisters themselves being more accurate. The DX12 belt is also too bright and doesn't have hinges.

The belt layout is the same for TDKR.

I really can't stand DX12's belt now haha.

I actually found it fun to customize the belt to screen accuracy. I was being extra careful with it too after hearing about its fragility. He has a slightly different belt when he starts out in TDK in the Begins suit than at the end when he was fighting the SWAT guys in the Prewitt building. Those were the two scenes I looked at for reference for my MMS67 and DX12/armory figure.

Dayum. SAT analogy flashback, fellas. DiFabio is to Batman as a-dev is to Terminator. Bra-friggin-vo. Verrry slow, but firm, clap.

It's clear from those photos that the Hot Toys suits need a bit of a junk implant. ;)

That's why HT didn't fully glue down the crotch panel. The only problem is it forgot to stuff it. HT half-assin' it as usual.

I sold Bruce Wayne for $239, now I'm in the process of selling Alfred.

Do people actually prefer this Armory Bruce headsculpt to the DX 12 Bruce? I don't. I couldn't get over how dark the skin tone was. I know a lot of the recent Hot Toys have had dark complexions, but holy crap. I definitely wouldn't consider it Caucasian, especially in museum light. I prefer the DX 12 one by a mile, especially his eyes. Side to side, the armory Bruce makes the DX 12 look fair skinned. :lol

The armory itself with all the gear and the improved Batman headsculpt is the thing that really impressed me.

Back